Hk .45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hk .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Hk .45

So about two months ago I woke up and went to the gun store with every intent on dropping $500 on a 1911 and putting on lay a way. While I was there looking at 1911's I came across this big hunk of gun called the HK.45. I started to play with it and fell in love. So instead of dropping $500 on a 1911 on lay a way, I dropped about 1k and walked out with this, and have not looked back or regretted it. The only issue I have, and its not even with the gun, is that I ordered a duty holster for it a month and a half ago, and I still haven't gotten it. The company acts like I want a level 3 retention light bearing holster for some homemade gun.
The bun I bought was set up with the right handed safety and de-cocker, and this posed a problem for me since I'm left handed. It also only came with two magazines. I researched for holsters, magazines, and ambidextrous safety/de-cocker. Everyone I talked to says its easier to pay a gunsmith to have the ambi lever installed. I found one, ordered it, and installed it in less than 5 minutes with a pair of tweezers a small pair of channel lock pliers. There is really no point to this post, except just wasting time while I stay awake on my night off...But I do have pictures. Oh and yes the gun shoots like a dream.

The first picture is before the safety.

576077_449487528414903_1712266751_n.jpg   533120_461310780565911_2089152256_n.jpg  

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I've always wanted one of those but I'm broke and can only afford inexpensive guns. And man I'm jealous looks nice and makes me drool.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #3

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I'm certain I'll catch hell for this but..

At that angle, it vaguely reminds me of another handgun.

hi-point-c9-3.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #4

Liked 4148 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
I'm certain I'll catch hell for this but..

At that angle, it vaguely reminds me of another handgun.
That was my first thought!

Okay, I'm confused. You went in to put a $500 gun on lay away, but walked out with a gun you dropped $1,000 on???

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yes, it was one of those I plan on putting money down on a gun, not paying for the whole thing right then and there.

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.