Highpoint? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Highpoint?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you want a high point, then buy a high point. I'm tired of seeing people sticking their noses up with no solid reasoning, not even sure they have even shot one. mostly seem to just hate on them. The people who have bought them largely have great reviews. Besides the most obvious, weight, look. But great accuracy, reliability from what I've read from numerous sources. Do I own a high point? No I carry a Hk USP. 40, but don't just sh*t on something just because its not my preference. If you feel like getting one, maybe its what you can afford, maybe you just want a cheap pistol to see for yourself, Nike that sh*t,,, just do it.....

Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #12

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You are correct buy what every you like. But other shooters have ideas about handguns. They have a right to express them. I have found over many years of owning and shooting handguns it is about quality. Most of us have at some point owned budget weapons. Almost without exception we would not tell some one else to buy one.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

+1 with Bear. I get asked about preferences all of the time being in the business. If you cannot afford a more expensive gun, then go with something like a Hi Point. They aren't the best for concealed carry due to their bulk, primarily. Still, they are better than some other bargain basement weapons which would be more akin to a Saturday Night Special then these are.

Customer service is another consideration that buyers should take into consideration. I know for fact that Hi Point backs up their products. So does Kel Tec. For long guns, Mossberg is first rate. For some more $$, FMK and SCCY backs up their products. SCCY has the most comprehensive warranty on the market, a lifetime transferable warranty. Not too bad for a $299 retail 9mm pistol. It's a nice shooting, concealable semi that I'd recommend and am going to own soon myself. These are all US made guns, also. The budget priced weapon makers have to back up their products if they wish to be competitive, along with making them to some quality to begin with.

Go with what you can afford and what you like. Everyone has opinions, myself included, and you know what they say about opinions.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
You are correct buy what every you like. But other shooters have ideas about handguns. They have a right to express them. I have found over many years of owning and shooting handguns it is about quality. Most of us have at some point owned budget weapons. Almost without exception we would not tell some one else to buy one.
I guess I'm one of the exceptions. Yes, it is about quality, but expensive does not equal quality. And inexpensive does not equal a lack of it. I buy guns based on their performance, and the reputation of the company. Not the size of their price tag.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire

I guess I'm one of the exceptions. Yes, it is about quality, but expensive does not equal quality. And inexpensive does not equal a lack of it. I buy guns based on their performance, and the reputation of the company. Not the size of their price tag.
True to a degree, I'm not saying you have to go out and buy only Ed brown, les Baer, and Lazzeroni. But do the research, ask "knowledgable" people, not just gun forum creeps that go strictly off opinion. I have a few "cheap" guns that I worked over and I love them. Yet I still love my high dollar firearms. It's what you like but make sure it's reliable Every Time! All the time! If you have to trust your life with it make sure it works 100% of the time, with every ammo you plan on using, make sure it shoots to at least your acceptable level of accuracy and last but not least have some pride in ownership.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here is a review you should read about the Hi Point carbine http://www.gunblast.com/HiPoint-9mmCarbine.htm

Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmstw View Post
True to a degree, I'm not saying you have to go out and buy only Ed brown, les Baer, and Lazzeroni. But do the research, ask "knowledgable" people, not just gun forum creeps that go strictly off opinion. I have a few "cheap" guns that I worked over and I love them. Yet I still love my high dollar firearms. It's what you like but make sure it's reliable Every Time! All the time! If you have to trust your life with it make sure it works 100% of the time, with every ammo you plan on using, make sure it shoots to at least your acceptable level of accuracy and last but not least have some pride in ownership.
I've said before. I do NOT recommend a Hi-Point as a carry gun. Yes, when your life depends on it, you want something that you know is going to be 100% reliable, 100% of the time. But for general plinking and just plain fun, they can't be beat. If I was going to be a professional mechanic, whose livelihood depended on his tools, I wouldn't buy them from Harbor Freight. But I have a bunch of Harbor Freight tools that work just fine for tinkering around the house, or doing routine maintenance on my car. Guns are like any other tool, you have to consider the intended purpose.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
...I do NOT recommend a Hi-Point as a carry gun...
If anyone does not like Hi-Point guns, fine, don't get one.
I like Hi-Point guns, and I have one of each caliber Hi-Point offers.
Plus, all my Hi-Point guns are loaded and ready for self defense.
Each one of my Hi-Point guns will reduce the threat to its lowest level.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #19

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

If anyone does not like Hi-Point guns, fine, don't get one.
I like Hi-Point guns, and I have one of each caliber Hi-Point offers.
Plus, all my Hi-Point guns are loaded and ready for self defense.
Each one of my Hi-Point guns will reduce the threat to its lowest level.
Who are ranger-1 through 5? I'm sorry its just been nagging at me. Any who, if your happy with the quality of a highpoint then that is great. If you trust that for the money you paid, that the proper safety checks and quality materials were used for that weapon to sustain long repeated use then good.

I dont, I dont think a Deawoo is an awful car but I'm not rushing to the lot to Buy one no matter how good of a deal it is.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #20

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Who are ranger-1 through 5?...
Ranger-1: Security/Point
Ranger-2: Demolition
Ranger-3: Radio/RTO-AM
Ranger-4: Radio/RTO-FM
Ranger-5: Sniper