High standard victor cleaning - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > High standard victor cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

There is a very tight fitting at the back end of the barrel where the bullet goes. If I use a brush with solvent should the whole barrel be scrubbed or just the end? Very tight I sometime have to remove the casing with my knife. Thanks Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Also make sure you take a brush to the chamber every now and again. Wax coating on bullets, and lead can build up at the "leade" or throat of the chamber and keep shells from fully seating. My Ruger MkII Match Target will get to teh point that it requires assistance to get teh bolt to close fully. This is usually an indicator that it is time for me to brush out the bore with some good solvent and bronze brush. Dry it well, and things should slick up nicely.

Edited to add: I love those old Victors. Shot them every year for regional Navy rimfire matches, then they stopped doing the rimfire matches on teh side of teh Service Pistol and Service Rifle matches, and the Victors disappeared. I miss them.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #12

Liked 2393 Times on 1399 Posts
Likes Given: 538

The brush can run the full length if the barrel from the chamber end to the muzzle. Then I usually put the brush in about chamber depth and twist a bit with a good application of bore solvent, and then follow up with oiled patches and dry patches. Should only take a few turns on the brush.

If it is still too tight, then the smith needs to take a look.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Will give it a try today. Thanks Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
The brush can run the full length if the barrel from the chamber end to the muzzle. Then I usually put the brush in about chamber depth and twist a bit with a good application of bore solvent, and then follow up with oiled patches and dry patches. Should only take a few turns on the brush.

If it is still too tight, then the smith needs to take a look.