Is High Point improving??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Is High Point improving???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

As the owner of 3 HiPoints and several other brands of pistols. I can say the HiPoint performs just fine. It not the prettiest or most expensive but it performs as well as any and better than some. Ugly maybe maybe not it depends I personally don't think it's the ugliest I have ever seen, but it won't win a beauty contest with any 1911. Top heavy I don't seem to have any problem holding it on sight. And the weight of it really absorbs the recoil. The. Carbine stings my cheek after a couple boxes of ammo is about the only thing I can say bad about my experience with them. American made, isn't that worth at least enough respect to not bash them if you never owned one.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #22

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I don't see how people saying they would never own one is bashing. Sure they go bang, big deal that's what guns are supposed to do, if a person owns a gun that does not function correctly I suggest they get rid of it. I don't argue they are a good gun for the little money they cost, but I still would not own one. Why? Because they are ugly, that's a good enough reason as any, if that's bashing or hating so be it. Buying a gun is a personal thing, we all have our reasons for owning what we do. I personally would rather save up a few bucks and buy something I like rather than settle for a gun that makes me want to throw up every time I open my safe.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Nasty
Is High Point improving their guns? I'm seriously thinking about buying one and testing it out this year.
Ok so lets recap this thread:

Hi Point:

Pros:
Inexpensive... $160 new.. Solid price
Reliable... At or above industry average
Industry leading Customer service... The best

Cons:
Ugly... Nasty ugly.. Might be enough to stop the threat all by itself!!
Heavy.. If the ugly don't work... and you run out of ammo throw the damn thing at him

Humm... Looks like the Pros have it!! Im heading to LGS to see what kind of deal I can score.. I wouldn't mind having a gun that I dont have to worry about scratching or rusting... Hi Point will just send me a new one!!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdemotte

Hi Point:

Pros:

Cons:
Heavy.. If the ugly don't work... and you run out of ammo throw the damn thing at him

Humm... Looks like the Pros have it!! Im heading to LGS to see what kind of deal I can score.. I wouldn't mind having a gun that I dont have to worry about scratching or rusting... Hi Point will just send me a new one!!
It also makes a great truck gun. If it's stolen, you won't cry over losing $600 or more. Fun to shoot too.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #25

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:

Hi Point:

Pros:

Cons:

Hahahaha!!! Thats hilariouse!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #26

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Nasty
Is High Point improving their guns? I'm seriously thinking about buying one and testing it out this year.
They have been called ugly, and it's hard to disagree, but I have had a 40sw high point in the past. For a 150 or so gun, you can't beat it in my book. Mine was finicky on ammo and a very important thing to do is keep it oiled. I think they are fine guns, but if you can afford something more like an XD or a Glock, go for the bit higher up brands.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #27

Liked 2460 Times on 1596 Posts

Quote:

Hi Point:

Pros:

Cons:

Good post, weighing the pros and cons. Ugly guns need loving too!

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a 9mm ca rbine that i would have today if only i had grabed it from behind my pickup seat before the ex drove away with my truck.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #29

Liked 2460 Times on 1596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20Leon
I had a 9mm ca rbine that i would have today if only i had grabed it from behind my pickup seat before the ex drove away with my truck.
There is someone on this forum that said basically the same thing about their kids.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #30

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Yeah... I've heard people talking about Sigs or Colts as truck guns... If I lost a $600+ gun because someone wanted my pack of smokes and just got lucky I would be HATING life. Give me a .40 or .45 for ~$200 that I really don't care about losing and I'm happy. I'll get one someday. Right now I still have nicer one's I'm lusting over.

The carbines are nice though. I had one but sold it. Wish I hadn't. I didn't feel bad taking it apart and painting it, and it still worked like a charm!