High cap auto for smaller hands
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

High cap auto for smaller hands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default High cap auto for smaller hands

I currently have an early '80's Taurus PT99 which is a little heavy for me and the grip is a little big for my hands. Can you guys recommend some lighter weight, smaller grip autos, but still high cap (15+)in 9mm or maybe .40? My price limit is $500-600. Oh yeah, I prefer one with a safely.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

My primary carry gun is a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. The reason that I bought this gun is the grip and weight. I'm a big guy, but I have smallish hands for my size. And some of the big double stack guns are just too much for my liking. The Bersa has an extremely comfortable grip and at 22 ounces, it's nearly a pound lighter than that PT99. And it's $400 price tag is well within your budget. With a 13+1 one capacity, it doesn't quite meet your 15 round requirement, but its close enough for government work.