Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Hi - Power dilemma all opinions welcome, Cane please give me yours (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-power-dilemma-all-opinions-welcome-cane-please-give-me-yours-68679/)

kycol 07-22-2012 12:24 AM

Hi - Power dilemma all opinions welcome, Cane please give me yours

Ok here it is. I want a Hi-power there is a used browning Hi- power at local gun store for $739 it is a mark III and I'd say it is 85 to 90%. They also have 2 in the new case these are not the markIII and I don't know for sure what the difference is other than the Finnish and grips. Confused because the new ones one is $850 and the other $900. Why? The price diff idk, if I go for new i will ask.

Here's the dilemma last fall at a local range I loaned my son $450 to buy one 95 to 98% so it is hard for me to pay that much more. Should I wait for another bargain or go for it.

Which one should I go for if I go for it.

And last question I have heard of a FM that's right not FN but an FM Hi-power should be cheaper but I have not found one. These are supposed to be licensed clones, but they may not be imported any more. Does anybody know about these.

I'm so confused, I went back to the gun shop to buy it today, but just couldn't make a decision. Please help.

texaswoodworker 07-22-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycol (Post 877428)
Ok here it is. I want a Hi-power there is a used browning Hi- power at local gun store for $739 it is a mark III and I'd say it is 85 to 90%. They also have 2 in the new case these are not the markIII and I don't know for sure what the difference is other than the Finnish and grips. Confused because the new ones one is $850 and the other $900. Why? The price diff idk, if I go for new i will ask.

Here's the dilemma last fall at a local range I loaned my son $450 to buy one 95 to 98% so it is hard for me to pay that much more. Should I wait for another bargain or go for it.

And last question I have heard of a FM that's right not FN but an FM Hi-power should be cheaper but I have not found one. These are supposed to be licensed clones, but they may not be imported any more. Does anybody know about these.

I'm so confused, I went back to the gun shop to buy it today, but just couldn't make a decision. Please help.

idk about the actual Hi-Powers, but I have seen the clones on gunbroker before. (not sure if they were FM). I hear that they are good shooters. They usually run around $400-$500.

kycol 07-22-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

idk about the actual Hi-Powers, but I have seen the clones on gunbroker before. (not sure if they were FM). I hear that they are good shooters. They usually run around $400-$500.

I think that the FM is the only licensed clone though.

danf_fl 07-22-2012 02:44 AM

On a used Hi-Power, check the cam area.
The cam (used to pull the rear of the barrel down) should be tight and non-removable.
If the cam is loose, that could be an indication that the handgun is well used or that the previous owners used ammo that was of high pressure.

The Hi-Power is a nice pistol. I have one of the South American clones that was made under license from FN. Nice gun, but the trigger is a little heavy for precision shooting.

Gatoragn 07-22-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycol

I have visited many gun stores, used Hi Powers don't show up very often. Only one I ever ran across, I adopted. Based on what I have read, 739 is not outrageously high. Just depends on your budget, and strong the hankering is.

Gatoragn 07-22-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatoragn

i have visited many gun stores, used hi powers don't show up very often. Only one i ever ran across, i adopted. Based on what i have read, 739 is not outrageously high. Just depends on your budget, and how strong the hankering is.

. :-)

kycol 07-22-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
On a used Hi-Power, check the cam area.
The cam (used to pull the rear of the barrel down) should be tight and non-removable.
If the cam is loose, that could be an indication that the handgun is well used or that the previous owners used ammo that was of high pressure.

The Hi-Power is a nice pistol. I have one of the South American clones that was made under license from FN. Nice gun, but the trigger is a little heavy for precision shooting.

Is you clone from Argentina ?

canebrake 07-22-2012 03:11 AM

$739 for a used BHP?? Put the gun down and walk away!

CDNN had the FN 75th Anniversary model, NIB for less than that! (800)588-9500

If you are willing to look at used BHP's try these.

GunBroker.com - Browning Hi Power Both new and used.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...1MyBHP-2-1.jpg

^ I got this used BHP on GunBroker for <$500.

OR

Call Sarco 610-250-3960, they don't have a website and ask them what used BHP's they have in stock. (their prices are worth the inconvenience)

Royal Tiger Imports: Used FN Browning Hi Power 9x19 - $449.95

The BHP was also produced in Canada for Allied use, by John Inglis and Company in Toronto. These tend to run cheaper than their Belgium brothers.

The FM BHP was made under FN (Fabrique Nationale) license by Fabricaciones Militares (FM) of Argentina. These can be found occasionally at J&G Sales for ~$350.

Some BHP clones;
Charles Daily HP, FEG parts assembled in US
FEG PJK-9HP, by Fegyver es Gazkeszuelekgyara NV, now FEGARMY Arms factory, Ltd.
Kareen, an Israeli Arms copy built in Bulgaria by Arcus
Pindad, an Indonesia copy
Here's a great source for BHP info;

highpowersandhandguns.com

c3shooter 07-22-2012 03:11 AM

Take a look over on Gunbroker.

(Gad- I love the way great minds think alike)

canebrake 07-22-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 877585)
Take a look over on Gunbroker.

(Gad- I love the way great minds think alike)

Ditto! http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...s/1_cowboy.gif