Hi point..wich one - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Hi point..wich one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy500 View Post
Don't listen to the naysayers. I bought a C9 just for the hell of it.

It gives me a disproportionate amount of enjoyment for the $100 I spent. Mostly when I use it to outshoot people at the range.

Nothing is better than using a C9 in IDPA competition and then "politely" pointing out to all the people that you beat that they spent too much on their pistol...

Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #12

Just purchased a glock 30

Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #13

Liked 433 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 8

i bought mine for the hell of it, best $100 i've spent on anything firearm related.

i only have shot & own the C9 & am very happy with it. like others said, compact is a relative term. shorter barrelled? yes. "compact?"....not as much.

i'd say go for the C9, with the heavier loads that angry little 9 will do what you want.... oh & don't forget to say f*ck 'em to all the naysayers

Old 11-18-2011, 04:02 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

WHY? If you really need a paper weight, pick up a rock.

Hi-Point weapons are horrible.

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #15

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy500
don't listen to the naysayers. I bought a c9 just for the hell of it.

It gives me a disproportionate amount of enjoyment for the $100 i spent. Mostly when i use it to outshoot people at the range.

Nothing is better than using a c9 in idpa competition and then "politely" pointing out to all the people that you beat that they spent too much on their pistol... :d
haaaaaa must be some bad shots at the comps u attend hi junk is just that junk. In no way can those slopy pos handcrap hold together for comp shooting. A few shots a yr ok but comp shoots not a chance

Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #16

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

haaaaaa must be some bad shots at the comps u attend hi junk is just that junk. In no way can those slopy pos handcrap hold together for comp shooting. A few shots a yr ok but comp shoots not a chance
I beg to differ. I don't own one myself, but when my friend got one about ten years ago, we put it through the ringer, over 1k rounds one saturday, thrown in a pond and kicked around in the mud, not a single hiccup. He still has it, and still shoots it, and get this, it has never once been cleaned except with a water flush.

But as far as the other shooters at a comp, I wasn't there so I can't attest to their ability.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #17

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I beg to differ. I don't own one myself, but when my friend got one about ten years ago, we put it through the ringer, over 1k rounds one saturday, thrown in a pond and kicked around in the mud, not a single hiccup. He still has it, and still shoots it, and get this, it has never once been cleaned except with a water flush.
Trip286 come on why would u take a gun, heck any gun for that fact, an toss it in a pond then kick it around in the mud an shoot it,let alone a 100 hand gun. Before I built my range, I was a member at the local bs box range I personally saw several of those «good high point » go from this gun is great to what the hell just happened. They are built out of cheap low quality chinese steel. Im not sayin u didnt do that im just saying u have alot of brass down there. Stop throwing your guns in ponds an stuff, that way we can continue to argue this. Lmao have a good day pard

Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #18

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Trip286 come on why would u take a gun, heck any gun for that fact, an toss it in a pond then kick it around in the mud an shoot it,let alone a 100 hand gun. Before I built my range, I was a member at the local bs box range I personally saw several of those «good high point » go from this gun is great to what the hell just happened. They are built out of cheap low quality chinese steel. Im not sayin u didnt do that im just saying u have alot of brass down there. Stop throwing your guns in ponds an stuff, that way we can continue to argue this. Lmao have a good day pard
Personally, no, none of my guns are going in the pond! but part of the reason the guy got it was much the same as the OP was talking about, just for the hell of it. It was his idea to abuse it in such a way, I just took advantage of the opportunity.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #19

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Personally, no, none of my guns are going in the pond! but part of the reason the guy got it was much the same as the OP was talking about, just for the hell of it. It was his idea to abuse it in such a way, I just took advantage of the opportunity.
I had a friend do the same with a AK 47 yrs back-
Just had to see for himself
And yes- it never missed a lick

Old 11-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #20

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Makes me think about getting one of their 45s just for ****tles and giggles.