HI Point vs all others - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > HI Point vs all others

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pawjr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 2,354
Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
This one came in as a trade at the shop. 9mm, ext mag. They gave it to me. I ran 50rnds WWB thru it just so i could say i did. Tossed it in the back of the safe. Its like a Jap truck, runs good, but you dont want anybody to see you driving it..........
Jap Truck.???... I'll take a Jap Truck over any of the big 3 any day of the week.

As far as value/quality compared to cost I've always found Ruger to be a good product priced lower than most of their competitors.
__________________
pawjr74 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,415
Liked 2960 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
In light of having a Sig, HK, or Kimber confiscated by

LE after a justified shoot, how would you feel about

using that Hi-Point?
That's like saying: "don't buy a nice car because someone might crash into it."
Or, "don't have children, because they might disappoint you."
If my Dan Wesson saves my life, then it was worth every penny. If, in the unlikely event, I don't get it back after using it to prevent a violent crime, the $1300 was cheap insurance.
Hell, by that line of thinking, never buy/build/make/fall in love with anything nice, because something bad might happen to screw it up.
__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
Overkill0084 is offline  
Jagermeister Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,644
Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
That's like saying: "don't buy a nice car because someone might crash into it."
Or, "don't have children, because they might disappoint you."
If my Dan Wesson saves my life, then it was worth every penny. If, in the unlikely event, I don't get it back after using it to prevent a violent crime, the $1300 was cheap insurance.
Hell, by that line of thinking, never buy/build/make/fall in love with anything nice, because something bad might happen to screw it up.
Actually, I'm working on the "don't have any grand-children" as we speak...

OK, I see your point, and in retrospect, surely you must see mine.

Perhaps some would rather hand over a 130$ pistol, than that 1300$

treasure, or possibly legacy gun.

Answer me this: If you were a B/G, would you rather be shot

CBM with a Kimber, or in the jewels with a Hi-Point?
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,815
Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

I feel my family is worth 1300 dollars. I also have insurance on my guns.

__________________
Jagermeister is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,415
Liked 2960 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Actually, I'm working on the "don't have any grand-children" as we speak...

OK, I see your point, and in retrospect, surely you must see mine.
Perhaps some would rather hand over a 130$ pistol, than that 1300$
treasure, or possibly legacy gun.
Answer me this: If you were a B/G, would you rather be shot
CBM with a Kimber, or in the jewels with a Hi-Point?
I am much more likely to own a Hi Point than a Kimber.
Hi Point - Lifetime "Just send us the pieces and we'll figure it out" warranty.
Kimber - One year "don't even change the grips or we'll void your ass" warranty.

Why not CBM with a Hi Point? Everything I've heard/read tells me that Hi Points are actually quite accurate, & assuming one keeps up with them, reasonably reliable overall.
Should the situation ever arise, I hope to be good enough under stress that the BG never knows what brand/type of firearm put him down.
__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
Overkill0084 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ashland ky.
Posts: 128
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

I've always heard hi points make good clubs if they don't fire lol Jk. Me personally I steer clear of them just heard way too many bad stories about them never fired one but peice of mind just wouldn't be there for me. I currently carry a s&w airweight I traded in my tcp because that comfort and assurance in that weapon wasn't there, it didn't like hp's there was starting to be some slop in the slide had a mag that didn't fit properly and called Taurus and was told a mag was being sent and should have it in 10 to 14 days well I got it 4 months later after I had already traded it for the smith. If u have a hi point and ran several hundred rounds through it with no problems and feel comfy with it by all means carry it. Ill be picking up a glock 19 next payday and have 600 rds waiting to break her in, it don't function right and I don't have that warm fuzzy about carrying it guess what the almighty glock will see its way back to the gun store for something else.

__________________
Barney1023 is offline  
readygirl Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
308Wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 212
Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical
I was recently in a very heated discussion about the quality and reliability of Hi point. Most of ou know I would never own one as I love my Sigs and Glocks and even my spring field 1911. But I had a guy try to tell me that he would defend his house and family with the Hi point over all the rest Any day. How do y'all feel about this
For the cost, it's a great gun to take to the range. But I wouldn't trust anyone's life with a hi point
Also, I know more than a few that trust hi point to get the job done
__________________

Last edited by 308Wins; 06-08-2013 at 06:06 PM.
308Wins is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chipotlejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

If all you can Afford is bologna then buy bologna.
It'll do until you can buy a steak.

__________________
chipotlejoe is offline  
spack762 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,644
Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1977

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post

Why not CBM with a Hi Point?
Because we want the word to get out on the street that we

are shooting B/Gs in the nads with the cheapest POSs we

can find.

It's really that simple. NO MORE state run Hiltons, with 3 squares,

all expenses paid, and air conditioning.
__________________

Last edited by therewolf; 06-09-2013 at 06:09 AM.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #50
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,033
Liked 3279 Times on 2231 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Because we want the word to get out on the street that we

are shooting B/Gs in the nads with the cheapest POSs we

can find.

It's really that simple. NO MORE state run Hiltons, with 3 squares,

all expenses paid, and air conditioning.
The Day I shoot someone in the Nads so if they live they can sue me for ruining their sex life is the day we have a cold snap in July In Arizona! I don't care what it is I'm pointing down range,..I'm shooting for CBM or Headshots!
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on single point vs multi point sling 06ranger AR-15 Discussion 54 02-14-2013 04:12 PM
9mm Hi point roddog45 General Handgun Discussion 11 10-19-2012 01:22 PM
hi point jekyllandhide General Handgun Discussion 71 09-05-2012 08:25 PM
hi-point .40 wvhillbilly General Handgun Discussion 12 11-12-2011 12:35 PM
what kind of rifle sling is this - 2 point? 3 point? lowead Firearm Accessories & Gear 3 10-17-2008 10:02 PM