Hi-Point handguns - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Ok so they are pretty well built eye sores.ill never be sold on those. Different strokes for folks.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #52

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegreenlee
Ok so they are pretty well built eye sores.ill never be sold on those. Different strokes for folks.
I agree they aren't pretty and I'll probably never buy another unless I'm broke

Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #53

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

had a c9 . i loved it .... never any trouble

Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #54

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

What makes me laugh is the Glock owners that call a Hi Point ugly. If you laid a Glock, a Hi Point and a porter cable cordless drill side by side they would look like they came out of a home security kit. The slides on a glock and a Hi Point look like they are interchangeable.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #55

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
What makes me laugh is the Glock owners that call a Hi Point ugly. If you laid a Glock, a Hi Point and a porter cable cordless drill side by side they would look like they came out of a home security kit. The slides on a glock and a Hi Point look like they are interchangeable.
And that's the truth!

They certainly are not the biggest, heaviest, or the ugliest. And then you hear top heavy a lot, really it's never tried to roll over in my hand. I have had just as much fun shooting them as any of my others. Why would you want to limit yourself to only high price artillery. But it takes all kinds to make a world. There are folks that wouldn't be caught buying a shirt at Walmart.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #56

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

better than glock in my oppinion. they are great as a truck gun, and fit my hand perfectly, point naturally for me. my experience with hi point pistols has always been good, and as to earlier posters who had feed issues, that can usually be corrected via ammo choice and/or the mag may need an adjustment. i have found that winchester white box, fmj seems to work the best, as far as the 9 is concerned anyways.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #57

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I just think they resemble a hairdryer i dont mean to offend anyone its personal preferance right.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #58

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have a high point 9mm and a .45. Both are throw around tackle box guns. They can take a beating and they are ugly as **** already so if you scratch them who cares.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #59

Location: First 42 years in Maine Past 19 years in Alaska now back in Maine
Liked 49 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

To heavy to be a paper weight. Not heavy enough to be a boat anchor. Good warranty if you should need it replaced or fixed. No questions asked. Myself i do not like them. It well beat a stick in a gun fight.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #60

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I Bid on a 380 compensator because they are difficult to come by. Would prefer a compensated 9mm obviously, but not a bad gun. Recoil mechanisms are odd but the action is surprisingly OK. The overall shooting experience is not bad either. 250 rounds through this gun without a FTF or FTE. With some very simple modifications all possible problems can be solved. I'm talking 30 minutes (if you are slow inexperienced and or tedious). Polish the feed ramp and tune the magazine a bit and you're golden. These mags blow. Honestly. Inexpensive, decent gun, sh!t mags. You can pretty easily modify a decent mag to run or take some more time to tune the factory mags to make them run better. For the price, (~$100) you can't beat the quality. That's a fact.