Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

junk they give guns a bad name

Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #12

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

Jtucke08, haters will always be there for any firearm so take it for what its worth. I bought a JCP .40 in May and had a magazine issue which HiPoint sent a replacement in 2 days no questions. I have 800 rounds through it and it eats everything I feed it. I keep it on my night stand and have since bought a C9 and have 500 rounds through it as well without a hickup. Find someone that has one and shoot it. Accurate and reliable is how I describe them.

forumrunner_20120918_082857.jpg
This was 10 rounds from my JCP and the flyer was my fault cuz I flinched when someone fired a 30-06.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

A lot of people don't like them because they are inexpensive. They work fine. The rounds feed through it, it goes bang when you squeeze the trigger. It's just inexpensive and ugly, but are tough an reliable

Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #14

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine04 View Post
A lot of people don't like them because they are inexpensive. They work fine. The rounds feed through it, it goes bang when you squeeze the trigger. It's just inexpensive and ugly, but are tough an reliable
I don't think there are a lot of people who dislike them because they are inexpensive, look at RIA, lots of people like them and they are inexpensive (for a 1911). I think it really has more to do with the look and feel of them. I have fired a .45 Hi Point and while it did go bang and hit the target, I personally would not buy one. I am fortunate to be in a position in my life where I don't have to buy a cheap, ugly gun that feels awkward in my hands. If I had no other choice I would buy one, because they are better than nothing. Cost is always a factor, I still try to buy better quality firearms, even if that means waiting a few weeks or months to save up.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #15

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Had the 9mm, jam-o-matic. Took a beating selling it off.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969

I don't think there are a lot of people who dislike them because they are inexpensive, look at RIA, lots of people like them and they are inexpensive (for a 1911). I think it really has more to do with the look and feel of them. I have fired a .45 Hi Point and while it did go bang and hit the target, I personally would not buy one. I am fortunate to be in a position in my life where I don't have to buy a cheap, ugly gun that feels awkward in my hands. If I had no other choice I would buy one, because they are better than nothing. Cost is always a factor, I still try to buy better quality firearms, even if that means waiting a few weeks or months to save up.
I don't have any problem with mine, but I agree it's better to buy a better quality gun if you have the money to do so. I'm actually making payments on a glock 23 and would trust my life more with the glock, but the high point I have still isn't a bad gun. I'll probably use it for more of a range gun and just something to shoot once I get the glock paid off, but I wouldn't tell someone not to buy one if they are looking for a inexpensive gun to shoot at the range or keep on the night stand.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not a hater just saying there junk and gang banger guns and for people who can't afford something better.but any gun is better than none at all.just watch your fingers just saying

Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #18

Liked 120 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Why is it the people who call guns junk, etc believe their opinion is more valuable than the person who actually owns a gun and reports no bad experience.

Why would someone who has a gun with a lifetime warranty give/sell the gun without even testing the validity of that warranty? And then expect readers follow that their judgement be heeded.

I have a feeling this won't earn me any congeniality awards.

BTW, I don't own a High Point, but then I don't own any $4000 guns either.

Last edited by qwiksdraw; 09-19-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #19

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
junk they give guns a bad name
Any personal experience to back up this statement?

I own two c9's and find them both to be reliable, accurate, and extremely durable. Yes they have a low mag capacity and a bit bulky, but they still feel good in your hand, have the ability to go threw just about anything and keep on keeping on.

I would recommend looking for one used vs. buying one new; due to the fact that if you have any issue with any hi-point firearm, the company will replace the weapon free of charge, with no hassle whatsoever. (Witch i do know from experience)

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 09-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #20

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

I own three and I like them all. Never had a problem or issue. I do own other more expensive but don't think I can say better because I've had no problems. I do own prettier, but hi-point to me is not uglier than glock, maybe heavier. My favorite 9mm however is my RI