Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Hi-Point handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-point-handguns-72540/)

jtucke08 09-16-2012 06:40 PM

Hi-Point handguns

I would like to hear your opinions on hi-point handguns and whether or not you own one.

xxbrooksxx 09-16-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtucke08
I would like to hear your opinions on hi-point handguns and whether or not you own one.

Well they are the best on the low rung of cheap handguns. However that being said they also are well built and can take a beating. For me personally I find them very bulky and heavy. It's a gun that would be hard to use as a conceal piece. But for what they are they are not horrible guns. The warranty on them is pretty good also. Go fire one and see what you think.

kryptar19 09-16-2012 09:03 PM

UGLY. HEAVY. BULKY.

ACCURATE. RELIABLE. CHEAP.

Over all its a fun gun to have at the range.

Their pistol caliber carbines are some of the best IMO.

kryptar19 09-16-2012 09:04 PM

BTW stop by the intro section and introduce yourself to everybody. Glad your here.

Ranger-6 09-16-2012 09:43 PM

I have the Hi Point 380CF, 9mmC9, 40JCP, 45JHP, and 4595TS. I shoot these guns all the time and never had a problem with any of them. I also have the Phoenix HP22, and shoot it often. I can take anyone of these pistols up against a perp and walk away leaving him wondering if help is going to arrive in time. To some, these guns may seem ugly, they may seem big, they may be too much gun for others. But for me, they are my main battle guns.

Bearsdad40cc 09-17-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptar19
UGLY. HEAVY. BULKY.

ACCURATE. RELIABLE. CHEAP.

Over all its a fun gun to have at the range.

Their pistol caliber carbines are some of the best IMO.

I agree. Really like there Carbines

marine04 09-17-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtucke08

I just got a .45 I traded a .380 Jimenez for it. It's big heavy and ugly but everything I've seen they are tough and reliable. They have a lifetime warranty. I saw a YouTube video of guys trying to destroy one and after everything they did it still fired.

JD1969 09-17-2012 02:45 PM

There are dozens of threads about them on this site, some a are 15+ pages long. Do a quick search and you will find a ton of info.

gandog56 09-17-2012 11:59 PM

Put in a bid of 40 bucks on their .45. Imagine my shock when it won. When I got it I found out why. Biggest POS I ever owned. Never went through one mag of ammo without at least two failures to something. The grip was awkward and forced me to hold it high, so every shot bit into the web between my finger and thumb. For being half plastic I was amazed at how heavy it was. Only gun I ever GAVE away without getting something in return.

ahamrick 09-18-2012 02:59 AM

Whats the best ammo for a hi point model jcp .40caliber the weight is 2lb 3oz so its not that heavy as a concealed, i own one just trying to find the right ammo