hi-point hand guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi-point hand guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default hi-point hand guns

i was thinking about getting a hi point hand gun i have nothing but good things about them in reviews but reveiws can be scewed an info

i love the U.S.A but i hate the gorvement that runs it but thats what the 2nd admenment is for

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #2

Hey, theres a lot of people that will tell you not to buy them. I personally own a 9mm and .45 hi point and there actually really nice for the price. Ive had two jams with the 9mm out of around 300 rounds, and none with the .45 so far. So yeah, id get one if i were you there nice shooters.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #3

was the jam from the clip or did it not eject the case

i love the U.S.A but i hate the gorvement that runs it but thats what the 2nd admenment is for

Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #4

Well i think the mag spring could be the problem, its when you have a full mag and you try to load the first round (with hollow points) it gets hung up but other than that they feed well.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #5

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Grim, hi-point firearms are good for plinking and target practice. I have one in .40 S&W and it shoots very good for what I paid for it. It was the first handgun I bought and I originally bought it to learn how to shoot a pistol, after I got the hang of it I actually carried the damn thing. They (the .40 and .45 cal models) are quite large and unwieldly so carrying one is like carrying a Desert Eagle. They are very hard to conceal and very uncomfortable to wear.

But like I said, for a $200 handgun, they do shoot pretty good.

Also, my Hi-point will not chamber hollow points. It will fire them but they have to be manually loaded, one at a time.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #6

now would any of u depend on it as a shtf gun what would be its life time with decnet manticne ps sorry for the bad spelling cant find the spell check

Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #7

If shtf and its the only thing you have then yes use it. But i dont consider them shtf type of guns. And they should last a very long time with proper maintenance and cleaning. Ive heard field stripping is not so fun on Hi-Points, ive yet to strip mine

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #8

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimhellwolf View Post
now would any of u depend on it as a shtf gun what would be its life time with decnet manticne ps sorry for the bad spelling cant find the spell check
You won't need to worry about anyone stealing it.

Sorry, I'd rather carry a rock, or the NY Times.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

If you decide to buy one, make sure you also purchase a small hammer and a small brass punch. You'll will need both in order to field strip the sidearm.

I would recommend getting the .45 ACP Hi-Point. Might as well get something that has some punch to it.

I would also recommend that you purchase a Hogue brand universal slip-on grip. That will help with the fit of the sidearm in your hands.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #10

thx for all the help alot better than the last forum site i was on please keep it coming if there is any more