Hi-Point Firearms - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

They are a bit bulky but they shoot great. Mine has never given me trouble. Other than my Colt 1911 it is the best shooting gun I have and I have about 27. It is even the gun I took to my concealed carry class and the instructor at the gun club said I would be lucky to get through the class with it. I had the tightest grouping of anyone in my class. It was the first pistol i ever bought for myself and I would buy it again.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I have had 2 hi point c9 pistols. I sold the first to a friend after never having any problems with it.... i traded the second one to my father in law a few years ago after never having any problems with it. I now have a 995ts 9mm carbine LOVE IT!
It is accurate to a little over 100yards, reliable, mean looking not pretty,no recoil, versatile, and inexpensive! Cons low magazine capacity, and pain to field strip. Kind of heavy campared to other pistol caliber carbines. Warranty is awesome... (but i have not needed it)

Old 05-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #23

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDVague View Post
Anyone have an opinion on these guns or have any experiences to relate? The price is right, but sometimes that can be indicative of problems.
Good gun for the money fairly reliable and you can dog the hell out of them and theyll still fire.... Now if your talking carbine? Noo brainer

Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #24

Liked 2607 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I really like my 995TS carbine.

If the pistols weren't so clunky looking,

I'd probably buy one of them, too...

Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #25

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
Not officially not, wish I did, maybe I should.
My friends an I love their stuff, they are Oklahomans which is where I live, we volunteer pictures to their blog when we can, in the end everyone works for someone, you could call me an advocate for their cause, 100% made in the USA, don't you love that...

We love hipoints too, but now i keep from writing too much about it, too many trolls bashing hipoints users.

Maybe hipoints are politically incorrect for some people, you can whip out a Walther at the range and everyone aproves specially if they have one at hand, on the other hand ,if you whip out a hipoint you get condescending looks.

Few people pay attention to how good accurate shooters they actually are, the warranty is the best out there, and yes they are affordable, and to tell the truth you could repair one in a whim with stuff laying around your garage, I personally have an old service colt collecting dust for three years because the gunsmith will charge more than the gun is worth for the repair.

Back to glow-on, I used tritium, no brand bashing here, expensive, not for every gun on the market, specially old models. Did you hear the story of the capsule that broke?, it happened to me, short of banging my head on the wall, $150 trashed.

And Look at my pictures from last night:

it's called a bomber, maybe you've used one before, and this is what happens when you apply glow-on:
Well, i'd rather talk about fishin lures than hipunks anyways

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #26

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I just bought a full size 40 sw, I could have chosen the mid size and any caliber for the same price, $185 out the door. I may get another one in 9mm, it is an election year! I have not heard anything bad about these guns and they do have a good warranty. I never see any of the carbines on shelf but I hear people really enjoy them.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #27

Liked 1135 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 2024

A friend just bought one in .45 , great warranty , goes bang every time . IMHO its not something I would add to my collection . The $200 he spent he should have just saved a little longer "as this is not the road he usually goes down to purchase firearms "and got something that doesnt fall in the boat anchor category because you could literally beat someone to death with it its that heavy . It is accurate and if it was my only choice it would be a different story . Im sure plenty of people like them and I would never say its a POS because it is a reliable , accurate gun with a great no frills warranty . Its just my type or style of gun I prefer .

Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #28

I have. A hi point. In 9 380 and 45. The 45. Feels like a cinder block but never failed. Me. I carry the 380 loaded. With Sd rounds. Never an issue. I have. A carbine. In 9 mm 4 10 round. Mags. My. Buddy has a m4. My gun shoots just as rlielible as his

Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd buy a more expensive gun just on the basis of avoiding the gang banger stigma and not embarrassing myself.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #30

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

At the range I shoot at there are a lot of people shooting Highpoints and very few Walthers. As I've said before...Walthers are pretty and some might be good shooters, but I'd bet on a Hi Point aganist a Walther everytime. I have two Walthers and they are pretty but I can't hit squat with them.