Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm not into their bulky/ugly handguns, but I would like to check out their rifles. Their rifles look promising.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by big shrek View Post
The Hi-Point 9mm or .45 are perfect truck/tacklebox guns. You don't mind if they get beat up a bit.

They always go bang...even if they look like something your 12-yr old made in Boy Scout Wood-Carving for a badge.

Cheap, effective, yet blockyer than a Glock...

Kind of like E.T., you can't help but love the ugly lil fawker
I take exception to that comment!

I was given a Hi-point c-9 13 years ago. It is currently in my tool box in the garage. I haven't fired it in over a year but it will go boom if I need it to. But that is where I keep it. All of my other guns stay in the gun safe in my office. I would never think of leaving them out in the garage. That is the nitch that Hi-Points fill in the gun world.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #13

Default Hipoints rock!

They are good shooters, and if you present a HP .45 acp it looks like a canon.

Also the barrels are not the swinging thing the rest of my pistols have.
I suppose that is why they are so accurate.

And no they are not good conceal carry guns, they are too thick and big.

However a real advantage is, it doesn't matter what did it or how you broke it. You'll always have a new gun sent to you, plus a new magazine.
Talk about a gun that grows with you.

Don't go to hipoint forum though, moderators are trolls

Anyways check this one out all you hipoint owners, do you know what this is?

Or this?

Yes they are night sight ghost rings

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #14

Great for plinking or keeping in the truck, but never keep one in the pipe. Mine two years old and running ammo great, but not some HP, mostly just round nose. For the money its the best buy. I just wouldn't want it as my primary

Old 07-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #15

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDVague View Post
Anyone have an opinion on these guns or have any experiences to relate? The price is right, but sometimes that can be indicative of problems.

My experience was not good. Saw an auction for their .45 and put in a joke bid of forty bucks, and won the darned thing. (That in itself should have raised a red flag) So after paying the shipping and a transfer fee, it came lose to 80 bucks total.

Never EVER had a single magazine not have a FTE or FTF, and usually MULTIPLE failures. This was after thoroughly cleaning and lubing it. The sucker weighed like half a ton, even though it was half plastic. The grip forced my to hold it high, causing the slide to bite me every time I fired it. Finally got a 1911 and gave this sucker to my little brother, explaining all the problems I had with it. He uses it as a single shot shark killer when he goes fishing out in the Gulf.

The only good thing I have to say about it is if you did mange to get the round chambered, it went bang when you pulled the trigger.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
My experience was not good. Saw an auction for their .45 and put in a joke bid of forty bucks, and won the darned thing. (That in itself should have raised a red flag) So after paying the shipping and a transfer fee, it came lose to 80 bucks total.

Never EVER had a single magazine not have a FTE or FTF, and usually MULTIPLE failures. This was after thoroughly cleaning and lubing it. The sucker weighed like half a ton, even though it was half plastic. The grip forced my to hold it high, causing the slide to bite me every time I fired it. Finally got a 1911 and gave this sucker to my little brother, explaining all the problems I had with it. He uses it as a single shot shark killer when he goes fishing out in the Gulf.

The only good thing I have to say about it is if you did mange to get the round chambered, it went bang when you pulled the trigger.
You could've just sent it to the manufacturer, receive a new gun plus a magazine for your trouble, that is their warranty.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
You could've just sent it to the manufacturer, receive a new gun plus a magazine for your trouble, that is their warranty.
I've never owned a Hi Point nor had any experience with one. I was wondering about the warranty that many of the posters have mentioned. If you send a gun back for service do they not try to repair it? Is it automatic that any gun that comes back gets replaced? What happens to the old/broken gun? The replacement gun that you get, is it a refurbished gun that the previous owner sent in for repair/replacement? Does anybody actually know these answers? I was just wondering. That kind of warranty sounds great, but that's a big expense for a company and I just have to ask.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
I've never owned a Hi Point nor had any experience with one. I was wondering about the warranty that many of the posters have mentioned. If you send a gun back for service do they not try to repair it? Is it automatic that any gun that comes back gets replaced? What happens to the old/broken gun? The replacement gun that you get, is it a refurbished gun that the previous owner sent in for repair/replacement? Does anybody actually know these answers? I was just wondering. That kind of warranty sounds great, but that's a big expense for a company and I just have to ask.

It depends you see, if your problem is your pistol is not recycling smoothly, you send it back they might replace the firing pin, spring etc. you don't have to diagnose yourself or fall prey to a gunsmith or pay for gunsmithing.
Lets say you drive over your pistol, is bent ,send it over they replace it
I my experience most problems with my hipoints is about the magazines feeding properly, a lot of people will testify to this which can be solved with real fine sandpaper, as well as the feeding ramp, it can be polished etc, small potatos you could say, lets say this don't solve your problem you send it back and problem solved, you get your pistol back plus a new mag.
I purchase a HP 40 s&w, the barrel shoot 2" to the left at 15 yards, had to move the rear sight extremely to the right, the obvious problem was IMO the barrel was installed wrong, sent it back, got a new gun with same serial number.

The old parts like slides get recycled to the foundry, everything is recycled, the business model is exemplar, you can't ask for more.

Mind you if you are efficient with target acquisition, this pistols won't let you down, they are accurate, the barrels are affixed to the frame, they are not the regular swiveling barrel of most guns, anyways get one they are cheap, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll like it and now people will give you confused looks.

Here is one of mine with night sights from glow-on.com

and another with night sights too

Last edited by gatopardo; 07-31-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #19

Likes Given: 1

Default Night Sight Ghost Rings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
They are good shooters, and if you present a HP .45 acp it looks like a canon.

Also the barrels are not the swinging thing the rest of my pistols have.
I suppose that is why they are so accurate.

And no they are not good conceal carry guns, they are too thick and big.

However a real advantage is, it doesn't matter what did it or how you broke it. You'll always have a new gun sent to you, plus a new magazine.
Talk about a gun that grows with you.

Don't go to hipoint forum though, moderators are trolls

Anyways check this one out all you hipoint owners, do you know what this is?

Or this?

Yes they are night sight ghost rings

What Brand are these you have? I've been looking for a full illuminated rear ring night sight, and your photo is the 1st one I've seen with a full circle lighted ring. Please advise.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #20

Likes Given: 1

Or is that paint from Glow-On.com?