Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point - do you own one ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi Point fan boys only

acp .45, 40s&w, c9 9mm, 995 carbine.

Which is better, all are good tools.
The favorite in the family is definitely the carbine, that is a fun plinker.
My fav is the 40 caliber. Hefty but hey, I get better groups with this one, it seems natual to me o shoot the 40 caliber.
My wife and daughter prefer the 9mm pistol.

If you are going to use it a lot , I 'd get the 40 since the ammo is a bit cheaper, if you are going to be shooting loads and loads down the range the 9mm is better, again, the ammo price is better.

This is specifically for Hi Point fan boys, feel free to change channel if you don't like Hi Points
here a C9 with ghost ring
another where I cut the ring in half for a cool half ring sight

So my favorite is the 40, and by the way best guarantee around

The orange is being tested, is day use mainly, real luminescent, charges in a second but is short lived, the green is our regular super phosphorescent, will last hours,( of course the cycle repeats itself, good for ten years)
Amongst phosphorescent pigments , the best, If you'd like a sample PM me, Gato.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #12

I have a .40 pistol and .40 carbine. The carbine is great, very pleased with it. I had the .45 pistol and 9mm have sold both those. The .40 and .45 fired flawlessly without any problems what so ever. The .45 just made me want a little nicer pistol, so I bought a Bersa Thunder UC45.(love it). The 9mm was a piece of crap. I realize that it has a warranty etc.,and many say they have no problem with it, but the guy that got it is going to send it in. It jams and flips the cases backwards inside. (dont know how). A Bersa UC9 will fill its place. I have a Kel-tec sub 2k that I prefer over the carbine, maybe just because I can use Glock17 33 rnd mags.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #13

Default Never a problem with Hi Point

I wasn't really interested in High Points, but my son bought one last year - a .40 cal handgun - and I was impressed with function and pointability. Granted, NOT attractive weapons, but functional. I was impressed enough with his .40 to buy the better half a 9 mm Hi Point Carbine, then picked up a 9mm pistol also.

love 'em, shoot 'em all the time. My carry guns are a Glock 21 in .45 acp or Rock Island Armory .45, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the Hi Points!

Much like an earlier poster, my only warranty returns for repair have been on a Colt .45 acp and a Rossi .357. The warranties were honored on both, but I could buy 2 High Point Pistols for the price of the Rossi, and 3 Hi Point carbines for the price of the Colt!

In fact, the Colt .45 was the most jam-o-matic firearm I have ever owned! Bottom line: if you want to try the Hi Point firearms, I say go for it. If you hate it, you can always sell it.

There are many of us who are not gun snobs!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Last edited by allmons; 10-11-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #14

"There are many of us who are not gun snobs!"

I like that!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 10-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #15

Default Thank you, sir!

If it goes "bang" and I can own it, I like it. Sure, if someone else is paying the bills I'd go with $6000 rifles and $3000 shotguns.

But even then, I would still like the cheaper guns as well! I must note that the Colt 1911 I referenced above jammed more than any Jennings or Hi Point or Iver Johnson I have ever owned!!! You should not pay north of $800 on a PISTOL, then HAVE to have it profesionally 'smithed to MAKE IT FUNCTION.

I am a snob about who I vote for, but never a snob when it comes to guns.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Last edited by allmons; 10-11-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Hi-Point, No. Hi Power, Yes

Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Surprise to hear you had the Colt 1911 jam so much, when I used to go fire the Delta Elite with my dad, it jammed once in maybe 2000 rounds. As far as Hi-Point goes, I've never owned or fired one, but, from what I heard, they are good for the price. They are not designed to be HKs or Kimbers...basically, you get what you pay for, and for 140 bucks it seems like a good deal. I may buy one just to check it out.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #18

The High Point is blowback or as some people say, recoil operated. The trigger pull is heavy to say the least. They would make a good truck gun so if someone stole it, you would have not loss very much. You get what you pay for most of the time.

patret

Old 10-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Yes

I have the 995TS Carbine and it has served it's purpose well. It's very accurate and functions great. I use it for HD and a great all around fun range gun, well woth the $225 I paid for it. Actually planning on buying the new .45 carbine that just came to market, every conservative 2nd amendment loving homeowner should own at least one!

Last edited by Underdog; 10-17-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Had a C9 and had zero issues with it's operation. It was, however, not a good CCW as it was way too heavy.