Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point - do you own one ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi-Point - do you own one ?

Thinking of getting a Hi-Point. In .40sw, or .45acp.

Does anyone actually own one?

-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Save your money for something better!

That company did produce reliable handguns in the mid 1990,s as I own one!
But, they chose to go the cheap quality route like Jennings/Bryco did. And
now they produce worthless guns as well! Get yourself a Makarov or a
Tokarev as these surplus Russian handguns are now the best deal on a "old-
school" manufactured firearm that will "fire everytime you pull the trigger"!
The Russians have a long held reputation for "overbuilding" things, yet making
the product uncomplicated for their use! Pop & I own mac handguns & I
became a proud owner of a mosin/nagant rifle this spring that performs as
well as my Winchester model 70 with iron sights!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Save your money you can get a good used gun. Hi Points are ok for plinking gun I would trust it for anything else.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #4

Try the seach function or look at the bottom of this post and click on one of the other listed hi point posts. I think there is a post every other day about Hi points.

Or try the high point forum. Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

Old 10-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As a gun dealer I sell lots of Hi Point guns, rifles as well as handguns. I also sell Cobra, Phoenix Arms & Jimenez in my line-up of "Crappy Guns". I want you to know that I have had more trouble with S&W, Beretta, Para Ordnance and Taurus guns, sales of the higher price guns were maybe 10% the amount of my "Crappy Guns" and I still have to hope every time I sell what should be a good named gun that it doesn't come back later. As a result I would unreservedly recommend a Hi Point to anyone seeking a great, inexpensive plinker-type gun. Never forget that the Hi Point comes with a 100% covered factory warranty and you can always sell it later if it doesn't suit you.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #6

I have never shot a High Point pistol but I have shot a High Point Carbine rifle in both .40 and 9mm. Both were very accurate, well built fun guns. For under $200 you can pick up a nice rifle that is fun and cheap to shoot,

Old 10-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
As a gun dealer I sell lots of Hi Point guns, rifles as well as handguns. I also sell Cobra, Phoenix Arms & Jimenez in my line-up of "Crappy Guns". I want you to know that I have had more trouble with S&W, Beretta, Para Ordnance and Taurus guns, sales of the higher price guns were maybe 10% the amount of my "Crappy Guns" and I still have to hope every time I sell what should be a good named gun that it doesn't come back later. As a result I would unreservedly recommend a Hi Point to anyone seeking a great, inexpensive plinker-type gun. Never forget that the Hi Point comes with a 100% covered factory warranty and you can always sell it later if it doesn't suit you.
Nice sales pitch

I had a C9 and I would be lying to say I never had problems but hipoint replaced the pistol and it worked great afterwards(had ejection problems). I honestly got tired of defending the hipoint so I sold it. It was accurate but ugly as stink as everyone already knows.

Saying a hipoint is reliable as Glock/xd/m&p even if true will just cause people to ignore you. I had one and it was no where near as reliable as any other firearm I have owned and lucky it has a lifetime warranty otherwise mine would be in the dump right now.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #8

I used to work at a shooting range where all types of guns were rented to the public----I always hated to rent the Hi Point, whether long gun or short, because I knew the renter would come back PO'd due to jams of one type or another ! This went on until the range owner finally disposed of the Hi Points ! Do you really want one ?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have a C9 and the 995 carbine. Love them both. The only time I have ever had a FTF or FTE was when the things were so dirty because of the # of rnds that I put through them. I dont mind defending Hi Point they are a reasonable inexpensive fun firearm. I have put rnds through them that would not fire in anything else I own including the will never fail glock. In short Glock, Smith & Wesson, Rugar and many others make a good weapon. They would have been sued out of business by now if they didn't. I have to say on a closing note that my Hi Point,Taurus, and Rock Island are my favorites to shoot. Bought a Kimber great firearm yes, sold it way too much money wrapped up in one gun. Had a Les Baer that was a 1200.00 piece of junk!!!! Price doesnt always mean it all.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Hipoint sidearm?

Well, I trust my early 1990,s Hi-point with my life as my hunting sidearm
when I hunt big game, but it is too bulky for concealed carry! The "ratings"
of newer ones I have read about have been "unflattering to say the least"!
My old one fits my hand very well & 3shot bursts hit the target very well @
the range! The only other handgun that I am a better shot with is a Luger!
Beware of cheap handguns as I have been burned by the likes of jennings/
bryco & "RG" to name a few!