Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Hi-Point - do you own one ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-point-do-you-own-one-32760/)

krazykeny 10-07-2010 07:42 AM

Hi-Point - do you own one ?

Thinking of getting a Hi-Point. In .40sw, or .45acp.

Does anyone actually own one?

-

nwrednk 10-07-2010 09:17 AM

Save your money for something better!

That company did produce reliable handguns in the mid 1990,s as I own one!
But, they chose to go the cheap quality route like Jennings/Bryco did. And
now they produce worthless guns as well! Get yourself a Makarov or a
Tokarev as these surplus Russian handguns are now the best deal on a "old-
school" manufactured firearm that will "fire everytime you pull the trigger"!
The Russians have a long held reputation for "overbuilding" things, yet making
the product uncomplicated for their use! Pop & I own mac handguns & I
became a proud owner of a mosin/nagant rifle this spring that performs as
well as my Winchester model 70 with iron sights!:)

007BondJamesBond007 10-07-2010 10:01 AM

Save your money you can get a good used gun. Hi Points are ok for plinking gun I would trust it for anything else.

group17 10-07-2010 08:27 PM

Try the seach function or look at the bottom of this post and click on one of the other listed hi point posts. I think there is a post every other day about Hi points.

Or try the high point forum. Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

billdeserthills 10-07-2010 09:10 PM

As a gun dealer I sell lots of Hi Point guns, rifles as well as handguns. I also sell Cobra, Phoenix Arms & Jimenez in my line-up of "Crappy Guns". I want you to know that I have had more trouble with S&W, Beretta, Para Ordnance and Taurus guns, sales of the higher price guns were maybe 10% the amount of my "Crappy Guns" and I still have to hope every time I sell what should be a good named gun that it doesn't come back later. As a result I would unreservedly recommend a Hi Point to anyone seeking a great, inexpensive plinker-type gun. Never forget that the Hi Point comes with a 100% covered factory warranty and you can always sell it later if it doesn't suit you.

ElvisIsDead 10-07-2010 11:00 PM

I have never shot a High Point pistol but I have shot a High Point Carbine rifle in both .40 and 9mm. Both were very accurate, well built fun guns. For under $200 you can pick up a nice rifle that is fun and cheap to shoot,

wb_carpenter 10-07-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdeserthills (Post 364706)
As a gun dealer I sell lots of Hi Point guns, rifles as well as handguns. I also sell Cobra, Phoenix Arms & Jimenez in my line-up of "Crappy Guns". I want you to know that I have had more trouble with S&W, Beretta, Para Ordnance and Taurus guns, sales of the higher price guns were maybe 10% the amount of my "Crappy Guns" and I still have to hope every time I sell what should be a good named gun that it doesn't come back later. As a result I would unreservedly recommend a Hi Point to anyone seeking a great, inexpensive plinker-type gun. Never forget that the Hi Point comes with a 100% covered factory warranty and you can always sell it later if it doesn't suit you.

Nice sales pitch :p

I had a C9 and I would be lying to say I never had problems but hipoint replaced the pistol and it worked great afterwards(had ejection problems). I honestly got tired of defending the hipoint so I sold it. It was accurate but ugly as stink as everyone already knows.

Saying a hipoint is reliable as Glock/xd/m&p even if true will just cause people to ignore you. I had one and it was no where near as reliable as any other firearm I have owned and lucky it has a lifetime warranty otherwise mine would be in the dump right now.

Ralphhster 10-08-2010 01:40 AM

I used to work at a shooting range where all types of guns were rented to the public----I always hated to rent the Hi Point, whether long gun or short, because I knew the renter would come back PO'd due to jams of one type or another ! This went on until the range owner finally disposed of the Hi Points ! Do you really want one ? :confused:

lukeisme 10-08-2010 02:48 AM

I have a C9 and the 995 carbine. Love them both. The only time I have ever had a FTF or FTE was when the things were so dirty because of the # of rnds that I put through them. I dont mind defending Hi Point they are a reasonable inexpensive fun firearm. I have put rnds through them that would not fire in anything else I own including the will never fail glock. In short Glock, Smith & Wesson, Rugar and many others make a good weapon. They would have been sued out of business by now if they didn't. I have to say on a closing note that my Hi Point,Taurus, and Rock Island are my favorites to shoot. Bought a Kimber great firearm yes, sold it way too much money wrapped up in one gun. Had a Les Baer that was a 1200.00 piece of junk!!!! Price doesnt always mean it all.

nwrednk 10-08-2010 09:20 AM

Hipoint sidearm?

Well, I trust my early 1990,s Hi-point with my life as my hunting sidearm
when I hunt big game, but it is too bulky for concealed carry! The "ratings"
of newer ones I have read about have been "unflattering to say the least"!
My old one fits my hand very well & 3shot bursts hit the target very well @
the range! The only other handgun that I am a better shot with is a Luger!
Beware of cheap handguns as I have been burned by the likes of jennings/
bryco & "RG" to name a few! :rolleyes: