Hi-Point C9 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point C9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
The c9 was my first pistol. Absolutely love it. It is more reliable and more accurate than most of my arsenal. Ask any Hi-point owner and they will stand behind it 100%. I wouldn't recommend it for a carry weapon... but for some cheap reliable fun at the range... go for it!
I have to agree i might crack jokes about them but that sir is one fine plinking pistol loved taking it to the range when ever i'd go. i have put 2000 rds through mine . I wanted to add that i did have a few hang ups here in there but nothing to wright home about.

Only problem i had with it was when i first bought it the firing pin broke and i took it back to were i bought it and they sent it away and fixed it free of charge and even sent me a few extra mags too boot.

For carrying purpose defently might want to go with something lighter. its like carrying a cinder block in your pocket.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Last edited by FaTmAn; 12-29-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn

I have to agree i might crack jokes about them but that sir is one fine plinking pistol loved taking it to the range when ever i'd go. i have put 2000 rds through mine . I wanted to add that i did have a few hang ups here in there but nothing to wright home about.

Only problem i had with it was when i first bought it the firing pin broke and i took it back to were i bought it and they sent it away and fixed it free of charge and even sent me a few extra mags too boot.

For carrying purpose defently might want to go with something lighter. its like carrying a cinder block in your pocket.
I have trash talked hi point firearms for yrs, well I had a friend that needed some gas cash ,he sold me a hi point 995 carbine 9mm with an ati stock on it, now here is where I bite my tounge what a fun lil gun to shoot, it shoots very accurate for a crap gun. I loaded the mags with herters ammo, cheap dirty nasty ammo an it shot it with no probs all 250 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger. So I guess they are not as crappy as I thought. But I still dont like the bulk of their handguns

Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #23

Got the c9 used a few weeks ago for $75 in a case with all the paperwork and only a few rounds through it... I'm gonna shoot it this weekend and I'll report on how it does

Old 01-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #24

I went and shot the c9 today. I put 50 rds through It and it performed flawlessly.. I love the sights on it.. My only 2 complaints are, Compared to my Ruger P95 and my brother-in-laws Glock 17, it's a mule, the recoil is awful. Also It's not as comfortable in my big hands. But for a $75 purchase I'm extremely happy.. Heck I would be extremely happy with it if i would've paid the 180 for it new.. I say if it's all you can afford go for it and you won't have any regrets..

Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #25

Also I forgot to mention that breakdown is a little difficult because there is a rollpin that you have to beat out with a punch to get the slide off..

Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparkid13
Also I forgot to mention that breakdown is a little difficult because there is a rollpin that you have to beat out with a punch to get the slide off..
That is quite an issue with the c9. Most local shops wont even bother touching them for that reason alone. You can find videos about it on YouTube if you have trouble. As for your issue with the grip.. id suggest trying one of those Hogue slip on grips. It may help a bit. I have one on my c9.. makes it very comfortable.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #27

I wouldn't call it an issue. Just a slight inconvenience. I've been looking into those grips i'm sure i'll end up getting one for this

Old 01-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #28

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If I had a choice between defending myself with a highpoint pistol or a black powder revolver I would pick the black powder revolver. You get what you pay for. I am not a name brand snob I always look for the best deals I can find . I have watched my friends high point pistol jam up time after time. If highpoint pistols were easier to disassemble and clean I might have a better opinion of them. Having to knock out a roll pin to properly clean a pistol to me is bs. Now on the other hand if all I was going to use this pistol for was having fun at the range I think 125 dollars is a good deal.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
If I had a choice between defending myself with a highpoint pistol or a black powder revolver I would pick the black powder revolver. You get what you pay for.
That's the dumbest thing i've heard in my life... So far I've put just over 100 rounds through my hi point with no flaws period.. My buddy has 1 that he has put around 500 rds through FLAWLESSLY. I have a ruger p95 that gets cleaned and oiled every time it's shot and it jams usely at least 1/100 rounds.. My brother in law has a glock 17 that is literally a jam box.. He hates the thing.. I've also seen his $1800 kimber 1911 jam a time or 2. Also the best gun ive ever owned is my $150 Phoenix .22, around 2000 rounds through it and not a single error.. The point is, more times than not with firearms Price has nothing to do with quality.. And as far as the dis-assembly goes Whats an extra 30 seconds to knock a pin out. Yea it is a stupid design but definitely not a deal breaker

Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparkid13

That's the dumbest thing i've heard in my life... So far I've put just over 100 rounds through my hi point with no flaws period.. My buddy has 1 that he has put around 500 rds through FLAWLESSLY. I have a ruger p95 that gets cleaned and oiled every time it's shot and it jams usely at least 1/100 rounds.. My brother in law has a glock 17 that is literally a jam box.. He hates the thing.. I've also seen his $1800 kimber 1911 jam a time or 2. Also the best gun ive ever owned is my $150 Phoenix .22, around 2000 rounds through it and not a single error.. The point is, more times than not with firearms Price has nothing to do with quality.. And as far as the dis-assembly goes Whats an extra 30 seconds to knock a pin out. Yea it is a stupid design but definitely not a deal breaker
Would that be the Phoenix arms hp22? Ive got an hp25 and once again, for a cheap gun, very reliable.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"