Hi-Point C9 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point C9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here's good honest info right here:

The Hi-Point is big, bulky and ugly.

However, at $125 it is reliable, surprisingly fun to shoot and darn near indestructible.

If you do have to return it to the factory, you'll get top notch service and support. Try sending a Makarov back to the factory...

Ignore the naysayers.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

True dat, crispy 500

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #13

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
True dat, crispy 500
HiPoint guys REALLY need to have a seperate section
Seriously - NOT down grading- Just a section for HiPoints --PLEASE

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #14

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

HiPoint guys REALLY need to have a seperate section
Seriously - NOT down grading- Just a section for HiPoints --PLEASE
It's not that I'm in love with hi-point arms. The members that ask about hi point are usually looking for an entry level pistol. OP had 11 post on the forum. How would he know that you are tired of the post about hi point. It was an honest question and several people gave their opinions. Sounds like a thread to me.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #15

Sorry to have offended you so much hossfly.

I just wanted to know if investing in a hi-point was worth the risk from all the tesearch I've already done. I've really appreciated all I've learned from this forum until now.

If a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #16

I dont think u can go wrong with one. A few of my friends have them and they love them. My favorite of the ones i have shot is the 9mm carbine if i ever came across one at a good price i would grab it up

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #17

Liked 367 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i bought a C9 for sh*ts & giggles & because the price was right earlier this year. i started a thread on it which took off like wildfire, lots of info & opinions in there if you wanna search for it

that said, at the time i had minimal issues with it but i've got a minor update on mine. the first 400 rounds or so it was fine but it doesn't seem to like the cold weather, i'm talkin like 10 above zero or so. the other day after about 50 rounds in the cold i had a couple ftf's & fte's. maybe the oil i used on it was too thick for the cold & that combined with the fouling caused issues??? i'll hafta give it a good cleaning & try again another day.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 12-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #18

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
i bought a C9 for sh*ts & giggles & because the price was right earlier this year.
Quote:
i started a thread on it which took off like wildfire, lots of info & opinions in there if you wanna search for it

that said, at the time i had minimal issues with it but i've got a minor update on mine. the first 400 rounds or so it was fine but it doesn't seem to like the cold weather, i'm talkin like 10 above zero or so. the other day after about 50 rounds in the cold i had a couple ftf's & fte's. maybe the oil i used on it was too thick for the cold & that combined with the fouling caused issues??? i'll hafta give it a good cleaning & try again another day.
That was kind of my point- Guess there was something about it that dint catch the OP's eye

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #19

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
The c9 was my first pistol. Absolutely love it. It is more reliable and more accurate than most of my arsenal. Ask any Hi-point owner and they will stand behind it 100%. I wouldn't recommend it for a carry weapon... but for some cheap reliable fun at the range... go for it!
Most people Ive met that never owned one thought it was a piece ah **** not worth 10 bucks and most of the folks ive met that did own on thought it was an excellent affordable gun ... i just saw a youtube video today with a c9 that had over 2000+ rds through it and still chuggin. imho get it

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #20

If I were looking for an entry level handgun in that price range, I'd more than likely look for a deal on a used kel tec or eaa. Contrary to what I hear a lot on this site, I've never had any luck at all with any of the the hi point pistols that I've shot. I've personally owned two, and they were eerily accurate but utterly unreliable. I do hear good things about their carbines, but have no personal experience shooting them.