Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Hi-Point C9 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-point-c9-53889/)

cadkins 12-20-2011 09:21 PM

Hi-Point C9

I've been trying to decide if getting a Hi-Point C9 is worth it.

From what I can find, it is either an awesome pistol or a POS brick.

Being on a fairly strict budget, I'm trying to decide if I should risk it with a Hi-Point or save up a little longer and get a more reputable pistol.

Thoughts?

Overkill0084 12-20-2011 09:37 PM

If it was to be your first handgun, I'd hold off and get something a bit more up the food chain. Not because I hate them, but because I don't know enough about them, and they tend to be...controversial. If you you already have a serviceable SD gun, it might be worth it if you simply want something that you can plink with. I've been tempted more than once, just to have some first hand experience with one.

UrbanNinja 12-20-2011 09:47 PM

The c9 was my first pistol. Absolutely love it. It is more reliable and more accurate than most of my arsenal. Ask any Hi-point owner and they will stand behind it 100%. I wouldn't recommend it for a carry weapon... but for some cheap reliable fun at the range... go for it!

dks7895 12-20-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 656361)
The c9 was my first pistol. Absolutely love it. It is more reliable and more accurate than most of my arsenal. Ask any Hi-point owner and they will stand behind it 100%. I wouldn't recommend it for a carry weapon... but for some cheap reliable fun at the range... go for it!

I agree. Hi-points are ugly and too bulky to conceal. They are inexpensively made, but are reliable and have an unlimited lifetime warranty. I have owned a 995 carbine, and shot the 380 pistol. I sold the 995 because a friend really wanted it. It never gave me a lick of trouble and he likes it. Look for an abused one for real cheap...send it in for free warranty work. It'll come back perfect.

HOSSFLY 12-20-2011 10:33 PM

Hi Points are beat to death around here- Do a search :rolleyes:

cadkins 12-20-2011 10:36 PM

I did do a search. Didn't find anything that caught my eye

texaswoodworker 12-20-2011 10:36 PM

If you want a more reputable pistol, try looking at old C&R pistols. They are usually reasonabbly priced, many are reliable, and they are fun to shoot. Here are a few just off the top of my head.

Polish P64 9x18mm Makarov ($245)
CZ-82 9x18mm Makarov ($215)
Yugo M57 Tokarev 7.62x25mm ($275)

downsouth 12-20-2011 10:41 PM

I'm with pro hi~ point crowd. Owned a c9 and was fun, hit what I aimed at and never had a ftf. Ugly yes, cheap or a value depends on who you ask. I have the 995 carbine within reach of my bed. So I guess I trust my life to hi-point qc.

mcb 12-20-2011 10:45 PM

I bought a c9 several years ago at a gun show. The price was right and I have two other 9mm so no extra ammo to stock. It's bulky and heavy. It is very accurate groups better than my Beretta 92 and about the same as my G19. I had issues with it jamming early on, had to tap the magazine every few shots. I received a replacement mag and it works fine now. I don't trust it to carry but do take it to the range on occasion. I have shot a few of their carbine rifles and really like them. If it is not your primary defense gun I'd recommend it highly.

HOSSFLY 12-20-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadkins (Post 656386)
I did do a search. Didn't find anything that caught my eye

:confused:

When you look only for the opinions you're wanting to find you'll likely miss GOOD HONEST info :rolleyes: