Hi-Point Auto Pistols - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Auto Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Lots of gun shops bash Hi Points. How can they sell their $500 guns that are not as reliable as a $200 gun? Why didn't you send your gun in for repair? hi point pays the shipping both ways if the gun is under thirty days old. It's not polite to state my opinion in open forum of people who buy a gun with a lifetime warranty claim it was broke but never got it fixed.
Yes, I stated all the above in post #10. I didn't give them a chance out of total frustration. It wasn't just the jamming that steered me away from that pistol. While shooting at targets 20 feet away I couldn't even get hits on paper. I was fairly new to guns at the time so I ask some older more experienced shooters who were there to give it a try. Same results as me, jam-miss-jam-miss......etc. sorry if I offended anyone but I'm just stating my personal experience with hi point. Now obviously mine was a lemon and I know it can happen to any gun, but QC dropped the bomb on that one because it should have never made it out the factory. People have to realize that a handgun that cost way less money is more than just a price point. Materials, QC is a big corner that's cut to market these guns at this price. As I stated before though they have one of the best warranties in the business.

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #72

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411520694.350295.jpgImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1411520715.482848.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #73
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7768 Times on 4213 Posts
Likes Given: 16420

Any caliber Hi-Point handgun is available on GunWatcher for around $130
I abuse that website.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2113 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 792

At one point Hi Point had issues with the magazine rubbing the bottom of the slide. Apparently Hi Point has corrected this issue. No one has come around with a broken Hi Point. I do not know how some people find me. But I used to buy new Hi Points for $50. People got frustrated over such a simple issue and dump their gun for the first offer. My wife bought a carbine while I was away for $100. I fixed the carbine when I got home. She has been shooting the carbine for several years.

She finally bought a Colt LE 5.56 carbine a month or so back. She is shooting up the ammo I have had laying around for close to 10 years. She is going to have to buy some ammo soon. The ammo I bought is soft point ammo. SP 5.56 ammo is not so easy to come by now.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 09-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #75

Liked 1890 Times on 1059 Posts
Likes Given: 2630

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I have several Hi Point 9mm pistols and a planet of the apes carbine. My idea of caring for them is to pull the slide back, if it sounds dry I spray some CLP on the gun.

Other forum members mentioned the Hi Point magazine. The Hi Point magazine doesn't fail in the traditional sense. Hi Point ships their guns with a magazine that is rubbing the slide. One either has to file the slide down until the gun functions properly or they can call it a POS and sell it to me for $50. That is how I got all the Hi Point pistols I own now.

In Ohio many gun ranges have Hi Point only matches. A Hi Point match is low budget shooting it's finest. These matches have high turnouts and the few matches I shot in had many female competitors.

In the IDPA type matches shooters are achieving the same times with a Hi Point as shooters with guns designed for IDPA (under 25 seconds). The Hi Point bullseye matches are as competitive as it gets with box stock pistols. I wish I could spend more time in Cincinnati. I really enjoyed competitive shooting with a Hi Point.
Hey JD..Is this the rub you are talking about (sorry for the crappy pics). If you can see..its on the inside top of the slide..I traded about $30 worth of ammo for it, from a guy i trap shoot with. He said he had 300rnds thru it , and it has never worked right. I took it out back today to give it a shot..it stovepipes 2 or 3 times every mag..and its not the mag..I tried one out of RGs Hi-point that is known to be a good one..same issue. And there are no rubs that i can see on the mag. I know i can send it to HiPoint,,,but i remembered reading your post on this...thought it might be what you were talking about.....Would much appreciate any insight you might have. .. If i get this thing figured out, i'll have a good 9mm toolbox gun for almost nothing...
File Type: jpg Image092320142311381.jpg (30.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Image092320142312361.jpg (29.7 KB, 88 views)

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Last edited by rn-cindy; 09-24-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #76

And the mag that came with the gun works fine in RGs old beat up Hipoint.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #77

I watched some u tube vids today...didnt find anything on the slide rub..but did see where they come with some kind of black coating on the feed ramp from the feed ramp. I polished that off, will try-er out tomorrow and see if that helped.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #78

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a C9 for about 10 years with absolutely no problems but when the opportunity to swap it for a Ruger 22/45 came up we parted ways. I immediately ordered another one to replace it and I've had no issues with it either. I also have the 9mm carbine to go along with it and it's one of my favorite guns. I highly recommend Hi-point any chance I get. For the money you can't beat them and they have a great warrant that follows the gun.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 11-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #79

Liked 79 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The first thing I do when I load up a mag is beat the back of mag in the palm of hand to seat all rounds to the back. I also noticed that some rounds from a few manufacturers had a very pronounced edge at the bullet seat area. What the round's edge was doing was digging into the paint of the ramp and slowing up the slide's momentum and function. It never failed to feed, just slowed the slide's forward progress, and many times actually stopped the slide. A shake of the wrist made the slide chamber the round. Once I did a dremel grind and polish of getting rid of the ramp paint, it cleared up round insertion issues. Gun's been performing great ever since with all different manufacturers. This was for a 40S&W.

US Air Force 73-77
57th Munitions Maintenance Squadron F4 Phantom
Nellis AFB, Nevada
Life Member of NRA

Old 11-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #80

Liked 2005 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

I had the 45. It was a good shooter. Probably in part because it is heavy. Mine went bang when I pulled the trigger. It would be difficult to carry one just because they are big and bulky. That is coming from a guy that sometimes carries a 4 inch 44 magnum. But of you are on a budget, it is a great gun for the money.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.