Hi-Point Auto Pistols - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Auto Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 03:49 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

He's still a funny guy now

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 AM   #52

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Went to an indoor range near my house today to christen my JHP .45. I used two handloads....one with a 155swc bullet, the other with a 200swc bullet. Thru 30 rnds of each, there were no failures to feed or fire, the gun functioned like it was supposed to, & it shot well, so I'm hopeful It'll prove out to be a good home defense weapon. jd45

Old 05-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #53

Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I owned a Hi-Point JHP .45 auto about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago. It was very reliable, never failed to fire, never jammed, never had a misfire, never had a FTE, or any thing else. The ONLY reason I sold it is because the slide was super heavy and very unbalanced. If you can get use to the the heaviness, you can't go wrong with owning one. On top of that they are american made and has no questions asked, lifetime warranty that follows the gun, not the owner. Regardless what goes wrong, just send it back and they'll repair or replace it free of charge without asking questions. My dad has the Hi-Point C9 and it has been just as good, he's had that gun now for about 10 and 1/2 years. He has told me over and over again, if it wasn't for me needing the money at the time, and him not having it to give me, he would have bought my Hi-Point from me when I sold it. For the price, you CAN NOT go wrong with buying one.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS
Sears Model 25 made my High Standard
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #54

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I got a great deal when I bought mine. Cabela's had them on special for $179.95, but I signed up for their credit card & got a $20 coupon towards the price. I was out the door at $201 & change.BTW, I'm up in Arlington Heights. jd45
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #55

I don't recall what I paid for mine but I believe it was around around $150 before tax.....When my dad bought his C9, he only paid like $100 for it new. Of course he bought his about 10 or so years ago and I bought mine about 3 years ago. They have gone up in price over the years but they still be bought new $200 + tax or less
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS

Old 05-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #56

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Bigger, more ugly, more blocky, heavier, less capacity, more problems right out the box. Most make a trip back to the factory before they are "as good as a glock", and this is from a couple of guys I know who sell them

Never enough guns or ammo
I own two the C9 and a 45ACP and really no issues what so ever never had to send squat back!!
bought the 9mm used and the 45 Brand new so not sure what you are talking about!! Just Saying
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #57

Liked 117 Times on 89 Posts

Default Hi-Point Auto Pistols

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIarsenal View Post
I own two the C9 and a 45ACP and really no issues what so ever never had to send squat back!!

bought the 9mm used and the 45 Brand new so not sure what you are talking about!! Just Saying

Well mine in 40s&w was crap years ago, not sure which model it was. I have a friend I went to college with who has a shop in Selina ohio who stopped selling them and won't take any on trade in because of so many problems out of the box. Another reputable gun shop called Clelands outdoor world won't sell or trade in hi-point either a few years back. That may have changed by now though. I also have a friend who owns one that's been great. Hit or miss more so than other guns, but at least they have an excellent warranty. I'm not bashing, just stating my personal experience. Your mileage may vary, just sayin

Last edited by jjones45; 05-26-2014 at 05:27 PM.
SIarsenal Likes This 
Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #58

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I have a 40 s&w and it's been great so far and has 1000 rounds through it

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Well mine in 40s&w was crap years ago, not sure which model it was. I have a friend I went to college with who has a shop in Selina ohio who stopped selling them and won't take any on trade in because of so many problems out of the box. Another reputable gun shop called Clelands outdoor world won't sell or trade in hi-point either a few years back. That may have changed by now though. I also have a friend who owns one that's been great. Hit or miss more so than other guns, but at least they have an excellent warranty. I'm not bashing, just stating my personal experience. Your mileage may vary, just sayin

I know plenty of people with Hi-points, including those that have shot well over 5-10K rounds with no problem and not even one trip back to the factory. You know you can get a lemon with anything, including any gun manufacturer.....you any maker of anything, can not make a product mass produced and never have problems with it. Look at cars, even brand new cars can have a lemon in the bunch. Glock is supposed to be one of the top of the line guns, but to this day I rember the first Glock I ever shot.....it was a rental from a gun range, and it was horrible. It literally jammed after every round and eventually after my problems with it, the range master tried it and it did the same on him. They ended up loaning me a different gun. I also remember my Remington 1911 R1S. Shortly after buying it, it jammed after the 1st round, and jammed so tight I had to take it to a gunsmith to have them extract a live shell from it before I could even send it back ton the factory, as the slide wouldn't even budge. That was after only about 200 rounds put through in its life. Does that mean that Glock or Remington 1911's are junk.....no not buy any means. I would be willing to bet that will there may be a few problems people have had with the Hi-points, no more then with any other gun......and that the majority of Hi-Point owners don't have problems with there gun and never had to be sent back to the factory. I would trust my life to any Hi-point, just as well as I would to a lot of more expensive guns. I really doubt Hi-Point guns as a whole is any less reliable than Colt, Remington, Winchester, Glock, Sig Sauer or any other name brand expensive gun manufacturer.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS
SIarsenal Likes This 
Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #60

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I have betettas , taurus, Davis industries and a Hi point and the hi point is my favorite one to shoot at the range

MisterMcCool Likes This