Hi-Point Auto Pistols - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Auto Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 328 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 948

It seems as if a company sells a gun that is of poor quality, that no matter what they do to improve it--they will never get accepted by some even as an entry level gun or for someone that can't afford a more expensive gun. I think Hi-Point should be asked to comment about improvements and their current production.

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 01-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #92

Liked 2421 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 546

I really don't LIKE Hi-Point pistols. That is all from a subjective level. I hate the balance or lack of balance. I dislike the weight of the slide. I don't like their magazines or the fact that they won't make high capacity versions of their guns. I think they feel really cheap (But why not they are cheap in comparison to other pistols and that is the point of the product to begin with.).

A lot of this is base on my age and experience level as well as my personal budget. So, I guess I am spoiled and a bit of a snob at this point. I'll admit it.

When I was old enough to buy my first handgun Hi-Point was not out or just starting out. Old Davis and Jennings guns had a pretty bad rep. Even 1911s back then (Colts included) were expected to not function great with defensive ammo right out of the box. Sig, Beretta, and up and coming Glock, were setting new standards for out of the box reliability. I saved and bought a Beretta 92 FS. Machining finish and function were great.

Trying a Hi-Point after that was a huge step down in feel and CRAFTSMANSHIP.

I got spoiled on Craftsmanship. This shouldn't be confused by all new comers or old salts like myself, for basic quality.

Hi-Point possibly meets the standards of basic quality to run well and operate as designed (With the basic exception of their mags, which tend to be make-or-break items for them to run with any reliability at all).

I will say that their customer service and warranty goes a long way in making up for some of the quality details that may get missed at the factory in a budget minded product.

With all of this said, I think that they suck, when compared to a higher CRAFTED gun. But, it's kind of an Apples and Oranges comparison. Would I give up a Sig or Beretta for a Hi-Point? Nope. But no one is asking folks to dump their high end guns and go with a budget piece.

For someone entering the handgun world Hi-Point can be a feasible option. Keeping these guns in perspective is part of the key.

So, I still don't LIKE Hi-Point, but I can Respect them in the place that they occupy in the market.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger...except submarines, they'll just plain kill you.

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #93

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I owned a c9 for 10+ years without a single issue until I had the opportunity to trade it for a Ruger. The day after the trade I bought another c9 and have had no issues. I bought the 9mm carbine and love it, no issues with that either. My parents each own a c9 with no issues I am aware of. My brother has the .45 and I've never heard him complain. You hear a lot of second-hand stories from both sides but the bottom line is, if properly maintained, they are reliable, accurate, and have a great warranty, all for less than $150.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk