Hi-Point Auto Pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point Auto Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hi-Point Auto Pistols

I just heard about these today at a LGS. Guy said he's bought 4 of em for himself & sons & loves em. If you're shooting one of these, what's your opinion of it. Thanx for the feedback, jd45

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

They are big and clunky...would never want to carry one...they seem to be hit or miss...I hear from students that love them and say they never have a single issue then others say they have nothing but issues...i know the dummy ammo we use in classes will not extract from them (have never once had a problem with any other make and have never not had a problem with hi point)...the carbine seems nice and the only difference in the action is a double extractor...I actually live in the city where they are made

Richland County Ohio CCW Classes

Old 04-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #3

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I have bought 4 of them and love them. No they are not that good for carrying but in the home or range they are awesome and the c9 is very very accurate

Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Bought 9 and 45 for less than $350. Really incredible bang for the buck. Never ever had problem combined over 500 rds between both. Sold because of flack, criticism of non owners at range, friends, etc. But, did try them both out and no complaints from either. Too bad for bad rap on American co. w/lifetime warranty but there are certainly many detractors out there. I'm not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1739 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

I have one in 45 ACP and have never had an issue with it. They are not a carry gun for most. They are big,and ugly but when you pull the trigger they go bang and they are pretty accurate.. I use mine for a truck gun when I need one but mostly it stays in the night stand for home defense. The expensive shoot'n irons stay in the safe. If someone breaks in and finds it I have lost 180.00 bucks including tax. The biggest draw back I have is cleaning and I can live with that.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

They are they single toughest pistol out there.

Hi point has the best warranty out there.

Hipoint will fix any issue.

If you get one that doesn't work from any legal source hipoint will take it back and fix it or send a working one.

Most hipoint issues stem from people not cleaning the packing grease out not lubing it afterwards and just shooting.

While they are big clunky low capacity monstrosities they are rugged and work damn well.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hi-Point Auto Pistols

Thanx for the prompt replies guys. My shootin buddy told me they're not a carry-type weapon. I'm lookin REAL hard at the .45 gun.....9 shots, polymer grip frame, weighs only 35 oz. I was thinkin I wanted another 1911 type, then I started lookin at the Glocks, but this will be just the ticket with me on a fixed income now. 200 bucks & I'm in business, except for reloading dies & components. jd45

Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #8

Liked 1274 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 1950

I dont own i Hi-point, But my roomy (RG) owns these 2, from what i know they have both been reliable. We have run the rifle real hard a few times, what a blast to shoot....It's 9mm so not too expensive to shoot. My truck / camping gun is an old beat up SKS that i just love, If i didnt have that, i would be buying a hi-point rifle....

image06012013222642.jpg   image11022013163941.jpg  

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 2292 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Triggers are horrible, mags are finicky, feels like you have a brick sitting on top of your hand. Recoil is ka-chunky.

But, they do work, they have a great warranty, and they are affordable. I can recommend them to people on a budget and know that even if they pull a lemon, that the company will make it right.

So, as much as I may not like the way they handle, there is only so much bad mouthing I can give them.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #10

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

If you get a functional hp it will be the toughest gun you own. If you get a pos hp, send it back and they will fix or replace it. I just think they are ugly and look cheap ( which they are) and are overly heavy for a polymer gun. I had one that jammed so much I could have spread it over toast. In fairness I didn't give hp a chance to fix it and I upgraded to a better pistol. If all I could afford was hp I would do it

Never enough guns or ammo