hi point. 45apc - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi point. 45apc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Pick the 45 up today first impression is heavy bulky hreat natural hand postion. Line of sight is awesome. Tho its the tank of 45 guns i can see this gun lasting a long tine. Will report on shooting this weekend

Old 12-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #22

Well it all depends. You want a hi-point carbine for plinking, even a pistol sure. PLEASE do not depend you or your families life on one though, I cannot EXPRESS this enough!!! Even for plinking... I think the constant jamming might be a deterrent for some people... it was for me.

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws have guns.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #23

All I have to say is be careful, I had one in 9 mm, checked it out at the dealer, looked good, brought it home, shot it once, the next place I went was the hospital for a few stitches because the slide guides broke and the slide came flying off the thing and cut me pretty good. You deff get what u pay for and $150 for any brand new pistol should make you run the other direction, and it deff should make you think your getting a great deal! Just my opinion. Hope yours runs good for ya.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockednglocked
All I have to say is be careful, I had one in 9 mm, checked it out at the dealer, looked good, brought it home, shot it once, the next place I went was the hospital for a few stitches because the slide guides broke and the slide came flying off the thing and cut me pretty good. You deff get what u pay for and $150 for any brand new pistol should make you run the other direction, and it deff should make you think your getting a great deal! Just my opinion. Hope yours runs good for ya.
I meant your not getting a good deal, hand is still messed up hahaha.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #25

Liked 2514 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

I'm thinking about one of their prifles,

but the pistols are too oogly for me at

any cost, which really doesn't reflect on their

performance...

Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #26

I have heard more positive comments from those that own them than negative. Any gun can malfunction I do not worry about that. My 45 Hi Point has run flawlessly. Too BULKY to carry easy concealed. Notice I did not say heavy as they weigh no more than a 1911 does. Only difference is the 1911 the weight is distributed all over where in the Hi Point most of the weight is in the slide so it can work properly since it is a blow back operated design.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought one of these in 380 for my wife to learn to shoot on. I got it used at a pawn shop, after trying to force feed several different brands with all 3 of the diff mags that came with it, it was chronically FTE. I took it apart cleaned it to death, polished the feed ramp, tweaked the feed lips and still next trip to the range same thing about 2 of 8 rnds in a mag would FTE. I took it apart again and upon inspection noticed the extractor claw was broken and partially missing. I called Hi Point and they immediately said ship it to us please and we will fix it. Boxed it up shipped it and the 3 mags to them, had the gun back in less than a week and 1 new 10 rnd mag to boot. The gun has worked flawlessly since then. It is to bulky to carry but she loves to practice shoot and is a better shot than I am with it... I would not hesitate to buy another, and plan on getting one in 40 and 45 for around the house, barn, truck guns...

Also after shooting several other hi points and speaking to them, ensure you don't get discouraged until you are past the break in period which should run around 500 rounds. Any problems after that and call them.

Last edited by smaj100; 12-22-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #28

Can you polish the feed ramp and other tuning tricks like u can a 1911?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #29

I am sure you can polish the ramp but it is not a 1911 it works well as is. It is what it is but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffitt
Founf a hi point 45 cheap. Polyner frame. I was wobdering if anyone has had any orovlems with these guns
Ive got one and highly recomend em for the working man price. Hell id pick up one over a 1911. Accurate with ghost sights and hollow points. The chicken killin dog didnt last after a hollow went thru the heart haha straddlin a tailgate and racin down a back road chasin him haha felt like the cavalry. But yep $150 i got one plan on gettin a scope on it to get maxium range outa this accurate pistol. My dad got his conceal carry liscence with it too.