hi point. 45apc - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi point. 45apc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 AM   #11
mcb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I bought a 9mm several years ago at a gun show. You get what you pay for. I don't trust it enough to carry. It's an ok plinker.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #12

Ya i seen on you tube torture test that its heavy accurate ugly gun but many videos on the gun by owners show they like em. There a video on converting 1911 mags to fit as well. I like the concept of 100% america made as well. Thks guys for sharing

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

my only real beef with em is the weight and size. they function great and warranty stated previously is outstanding. the only hipoint i have ever seen malfunction was last year temperature was around 3 above zero and the guy that bought it did not clean the packing grease out of it and it wouldnt cycle.

im all for cheap reliable guns as the more guns in the hands of honest folk the less crime there is. you wont see my knocking hi-point just cuz they are cheap.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #14

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I will never knock hi point either. A friend got his hands in one when we were teens, and we tried to break it. We did manage to break the safety, hi point customer service had a new one at his door 2 days later. Now, 10 years later, the only cleaning it's had is a squirt with the water hose, and it still runs like a top. Still reasonably accurate too.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #15

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I saw my first one a while back. A new .45 & it is definitely almost the ugliest pistol I've ever seen! I say "almost" 'cause it'd be hard to say if it or a g***k is uglier. (just kidding)

Definitely too heavy & bulky for carry. But, maybe a good truck tool box gun that you didn't mind getting scratched up. If I do get one, will probably be a 9mm for cheap range fun.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #16

They seem to solid firearms. My buddy has a 9mm carbine that is a blast to shoot we have run who knows how many rounds through over the years and it keeps tickin

Old 12-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #17

I waiting on my to be shipped to my ffl dealee now. The more i here from yall the more it seems i made a good choice. I plan to use ot as shooter and hd. Is there anything i need to do to tje gun once i get it? One post here mentioned packing grease

Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #18

Liked 2603 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Hi-Point has a reputation for great Customer Service.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffitt
I waiting on my to be shipped to my ffl dealee now. The more i here from yall the more it seems i made a good choice. I plan to use ot as shooter and hd. Is there anything i need to do to tje gun once i get it? One post here mentioned packing grease
Pretty much a good scrubbing,cleaning and oiling... then just load it up and shoot it. Simple.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #20

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

This is important! ! Even before you open the box, start cussing it. Tell it how cheap it is and thats the way your going to treat it. Like the cheap dirty. @@__~+ it is. Start the relationship out real, keep it real. If you do this, one of two things will happen. Your ffl dealer will laugh his butt off and give you the gun. Or he will clear the shop and you may not be able to buy a gun for awhile. Glad to be of help. Let us know how that works for you. Seriously, good guns, I think you'll be real happy with it. The above was for all those who look down on an affordable American made pistol. It was what they have been wanting to say but have said everything else.

NEVER FORGET