hi point. 45apc
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi point. 45apc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default hi point. 45apc

Founf a hi point 45 cheap. Polyner frame. I was wobdering if anyone has had any orovlems with these guns

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi Point is making Armored Personel Carriers now?

Who'da thought? j/k

Not the most sterling reputation in the firearms business...but my goodness they make AWESOME paperweights!

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

I worked at a gun shop for a few years and we sold hi-points there... We probably sold 500 of those things and we only had one customer report problems (that I know of) but if your looking for a cheap gun that u can go do some plinking around with that should work

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Seems most all the bad reports I've read are by those that do not own them & base their comments on what they've heard & on their cheap price. Any feed issues that I've heard about have been promptly taken care of by the manufacturer & they pay the freight both ways.

All my purchases, since I became licensed to carry, have been for pistols I wanted to add to my carry rotation, otherwise I would own one. I do intend to have one if I can find a used one at a cheap price. Since their warranty stays with the gun, doesn't make much sense to buy a new one.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #5

Liked 2021 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

The HP .45 is a great inexpensive gun. Mine ran flawlessly. The only reason it's gone is someone offered me enough to part with it. I'd buy another if it comes along at the right price.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Hi Point is making Armored Personel Carriers now?

Who'da thought? j/k

Not the most sterling reputation in the firearms business...but my goodness they make AWESOME paperweights!
Yeah they do. My buddies back home worked really well on his desk. Plus it looks like a real gun!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #7

I went ahead and ordered one for $150. after seeinng a bunch of you tube videos seems like bottom line gun but for the price i ll try it. Problems posted were feeding which was corrected by new mag or 1911 mag spring. Its no replacement for my 1911 caspian but its gun that seems to take abuse well

Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #8

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I know a few people that have bought them they ain't pretty but the ones I've shot have ran fine never really had any problems look up the torcher test it's crazy.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 12-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #9

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

If you are trying to impress your new girl friend they might not be the gun to show but if you want an inexpensive ( I did not say cheap ) 45 that will do the job they are great.

Heavy, ugly but reliable.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #10

I have the hp 9mm it was the first gun I bought myself, saw it a gunshow cheap and i wanted a 9 and didnt have much money. I turned out after I built a pretty good collection it is one of my most accurate and I've never had a problem. I even took it to my cc class and I the intructor said i would probably have a problem passing with that gun and I shot the best grouping in the class. 48/48 all center mass. My wife and daughters like shooting it better than any of my others because it is heavy so the recoil is minimat but they have trouble pulling the slide because it is a little tough. But for the money it is hard to beat.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861