Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   hi point. 45apc (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-point-45apc-53648/)

proffitt 12-15-2011 07:13 PM

hi point. 45apc

Founf a hi point 45 cheap. Polyner frame. I was wobdering if anyone has had any orovlems with these guns

AZL 12-15-2011 07:21 PM

Hi Point is making Armored Personel Carriers now?

Who'da thought? j/k

Not the most sterling reputation in the firearms business...but my goodness they make AWESOME paperweights!

Jkl-28 12-15-2011 07:35 PM

I worked at a gun shop for a few years and we sold hi-points there... We probably sold 500 of those things and we only had one customer report problems (that I know of) but if your looking for a cheap gun that u can go do some plinking around with that should work

gollygee 12-16-2011 06:39 PM

Seems most all the bad reports I've read are by those that do not own them & base their comments on what they've heard & on their cheap price. Any feed issues that I've heard about have been promptly taken care of by the manufacturer & they pay the freight both ways.

All my purchases, since I became licensed to carry, have been for pistols I wanted to add to my carry rotation, otherwise I would own one. I do intend to have one if I can find a used one at a cheap price. Since their warranty stays with the gun, doesn't make much sense to buy a new one.

boatme98 12-16-2011 10:47 PM

The HP .45 is a great inexpensive gun. Mine ran flawlessly. The only reason it's gone is someone offered me enough to part with it. I'd buy another if it comes along at the right price.

USMC_Richey 12-17-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZL (Post 652795)
Hi Point is making Armored Personel Carriers now?

Who'da thought? j/k

Not the most sterling reputation in the firearms business...but my goodness they make AWESOME paperweights!

Yeah they do. My buddies back home worked really well on his desk. Plus it looks like a real gun! ;)

proffitt 12-17-2011 10:44 PM

I went ahead and ordered one for $150. after seeinng a bunch of you tube videos seems like bottom line gun but for the price i ll try it. Problems posted were feeding which was corrected by new mag or 1911 mag spring. Its no replacement for my 1911 caspian but its gun that seems to take abuse well

unclebear 12-17-2011 10:51 PM

I know a few people that have bought them they ain't pretty but the ones I've shot have ran fine never really had any problems look up the torcher test it's crazy.

gwk4667 12-17-2011 11:42 PM

If you are trying to impress your new girl friend they might not be the gun to show but if you want an inexpensive ( I did not say cheap ) 45 that will do the job they are great.

Heavy, ugly but reliable.

murraywc 12-18-2011 12:40 AM

I have the hp 9mm it was the first gun I bought myself, saw it a gunshow cheap and i wanted a 9 and didnt have much money. I turned out after I built a pretty good collection it is one of my most accurate and I've never had a problem. I even took it to my cc class and I the intructor said i would probably have a problem passing with that gun and I shot the best grouping in the class. 48/48 all center mass. My wife and daughters like shooting it better than any of my others because it is heavy so the recoil is minimat but they have trouble pulling the slide because it is a little tough. But for the money it is hard to beat.