hi point 45 acp - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi point 45 acp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

would i ever buy one? maybe. it would end up a truck toolbox gun. i think for the price and the warranty, and that most seem to do what a gun is suppose to do is fire a bullet, they are a good pistol for someone on a very limited budget who needs a pistol. as far as cheap pistols, they are probably one of the best values out there. if you have a bigger budget, there are much better options available, but if not and a person needed a cheap pistol for protection, i believe they are a good pistol to buy.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #12

I don't mind how ugly the gun is I like the bigger profile of it since I have large hands but I'm also looking at a Smith & Wesson 9mm

Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #13

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Very limited parts needed in the straight blow back action hi point design uses.
Forget what kind of steel is used on the slide but it is cheaper than the common gun steel, its the reason their slides have to be so much thicker. Consequently much heavier.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #14

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

The guns are rated for over-pressure ammunition, the extra weight is needed to handle the pressure and resulting recoil. Hi Point guns will handle all factory ammunition, +P or +P+ ammunition. One of the greatest features of Hi Point guns is no matter what happens to them I can send them back to the factory and they will send me a brand new one free of charge. Try that with any other brand.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #15

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6
The guns are rated for over-pressure ammunition, the extra weight is needed to handle the pressure and resulting recoil. Hi Point guns will handle all factory ammunition, +P or +P+ ammunition. One of the greatest features of Hi Point guns is no matter what happens to them I can send them back to the factory and they will send me a brand new one free of charge. Try that with any other brand.
Sure, it cost them $25 bucks to make so yeah there is a little wiggle room there. I dont know how much they cost per unit, per man hours for labor ect ect but I'm guessing $25 bucks seems dead on......lol

Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #16

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Sure, it cost them $25 bucks to make so yeah there is a little wiggle room there....lol
Pencil me in for 17 of them.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1984
I don't mind how ugly the gun is I like the bigger profile of it since I have large hands but I'm also looking at a Smith & Wesson 9mm
I have heard a lot of bad reviews, but it seems those talking the smack never owned one. I would buy one, yes, but not as a primary defensive weapon. It would serve well as a plinking gun, something I could throw in the tool box of a truck and not worry about, even a gun I would put on a boat and not care if it sinks, but there is just something about them being at SUCH. A low price point that makes me nervous about staking my life or the lives of my loved ones on one of them.... It just makes me apprehensive. That's one thing I require out of guns that I deem my HD guns, I need to have the utmost certainty, beyond a doubt, that they will function flawlessly is needed. Some may be able to say this about hi-point pistols, I'm just not one of them (note that I do not own one).

I would, with all due respect to hi-point, advise on purchasing something else for a primary home defense gun, and THEN buying up a ton of hi-points to use for fun and outdoor uses. I soon will be purchasing a S&W M&P series pistol for that HD role, but have desires for a hi-point carbine in the future just for sh!ts as well as a pistol or two just to throw around.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_

I have heard a lot of bad reviews, but it seems those talking the smack never owned one. I would buy one, yes, but not as a primary defensive weapon. It would serve well as a plinking gun, something I could throw in the tool box of a truck and not worry about, even a gun I would put on a boat and not care if it sinks, but there is just something about them being at SUCH. A low price point that makes me nervous about staking my life or the lives of my loved ones on one of them.... It just makes me apprehensive. That's one thing I require out of guns that I deem my HD guns, I need to have the utmost certainty, beyond a doubt, that they will function flawlessly is needed. Some may be able to say this about hi-point pistols, I'm just not one of them (note that I do not own one).

I would, with all due respect to hi-point, advise on purchasing something else for a primary home defense gun, and THEN buying up a ton of hi-points to use for fun and outdoor uses. I soon will be purchasing a S&W M&P series pistol for that HD role, but have desires for a hi-point carbine in the future just for sh!ts as well as a pistol or two just to throw around.
Thanks for the advice ill prolly end up going with the s&w for the HD purpose

Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1984

Thanks for the advice ill prolly end up going with the s&w for the HD purpose
Not a problem man, I just wish I could offer a more experienced piece of advice in regard to the hi-point pistols. Some people swear by them, but for me to have piece of mind it's going to take something proven, something I see LEOs/military using to defend themselves. Best of luck to ya!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ