Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hi-Point .45 ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a Hi-point 45 and it has never failed, its heavy, its ugly, it was $169 so what the heck. If it did FTF or FTE I could throw it and do some serious damage if I connected.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #12

Liked 1761 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 903

I had a Hi Point .45 until yesterday. It's a great gun. Accurate and reliable. Only reason I sold it was a good friend wanted it and gave me a good price.
Also, I've got my eye on a S&W .357 and need room.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSmitty1 View Post
I've seen many a dead thug with a double fed or stovepiped hi-point in his hand. I would never trust my life to one.
So there is a lot of "Dead Thugs" in middle TN, that died with the gun still in their hand?

Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #14

OK I gotta say something about Hi Point. There are a lot of rumors of people saying this and that bout them. But when push comes to shove, they cant tell ya where they heard it.
Hi-Point makes budget guns. But they go bang when needed. They are heavy, bulky and egonomic as a brick, but they go bang. As with any firearm there are junk pieces that pass QC but Hi Point will fix anything. There is only 2 pics of one blowing up. If ya want I can link pics however it is from another forum, and I dont do that. BOTH were from cheap Winchester bulk 9mm ammo, and the funny thing is the Company replaced Both guns for the owners. even though it was not thier fault.

Hi point does make bricks, but for someone on a budget they work. Just take it to the range and try it with all the mags you buy. If it fails to feed send the mags back they will replace them, and usually thow a extra in for your trouble.

So after my long rant what does this mean? IF it is all you can afford... buy one. if ya want something better save for one, but you will not have too much of a problem with one.

BTW any gun will jam and doublefeed if it is neglected. That is why God invented CLP, and toothbrushes.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5314 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

i would rank em a step or two ahead of glock for durability. never heard of a high point kaboom.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i would rank em a step or two ahead of glock for durability. never heard of a high point kaboom.
Sent ya the link of the only photos of 2 theat went, but they were the ammo that did it. Would love to post the link, but unsure if mods like other boards on thiers.

However as I said above they are reliable and the company is good.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #17

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkchucker View Post
So after my long rant what does this mean? IF it is all you can afford... buy one. if ya want something better save for one, but you will not have too much of a problem with one.
I can't argue with that.

Quote:
BTW any gun will jam and doublefeed if it is neglected. That is why God invented CLP, and toothbrushes.
I could argue with that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Sent ya the link of the only photos of 2 theat went, but they were the ammo that did it. Would love to post the link, but unsure if mods like other boards on thiers.

Holy crap. Looks like I typed that while drinking too much Cough Syrup!!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5314 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:

that would be the very first ive heard of a high point kaboom. still rate em higher than glock heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #20

Actually is showed me the reason to consider one. It went KABOOM and the guy can still type!
Does not mean at all I am, but it shows that they are actually well made.