Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi -cap mags...here today ? who knows tomarrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Yeah, and if a citizen had been there armed, and put two in the f-----s head, it would have spoken volumes for an armed society.
And if it had happened at a political event for a Republican, instead of a Democrat, that probably would have happened.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-18-2011, 03:33 AM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Yeah, and if a citizen had been there armed, and put two in the f-----s head, it would have spoken volumes for an armed society.
There were several there who were armed. The one who tackled him was armed. They were armed and still knew better to get to him before he reloaded. Unlike some here who would have pulled their dual 1911's and probably make the death toll higher by more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
You should have waited a little longer.
And you should not react to people that way. That post along with your others definately puts you in the same regard as a troll. Especially with your use of the "r" word. Thanks for representing.

The bottom line is that many colleges and universities don't have to report the crimes or activities to the state. I don't agree with it, but if they had to and parents were to look at the crime stats on campuses, then there would be many fewer students by a ton. Colleges and universities who receive state funds have their own police who are actually State Police. A report made on campus is "officially" reported to a state agency, just not one who includes crimes for the whole state. If state funded colleges and universities had to actually report the number of sex crimes to be included in whole stats for each state, then every campus would be a sausage fest.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-18-2011, 03:57 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
peeps in the media are more interested in banning anything to do with firearms than getting to the real issue. if the media and dems could get away with banning guns and even pictures of guns they would. they are going to continue to ignore the incompetence of the pima county sherrif and his department. they ignore the fact that it was a lone crazy guy. they continue to blame everyone except dupnik's incompetence for letting the shooter go for so long and the shooter himself.

would it make the media feel better if laughner had yelled aliakbar and detonated a fertilizer bomb??
True, they don't or won't put much logic or reasoning into their thought process, they'll use incidents like this to support their beliefs and further their agenda while ignoring facts or problems that lead to the end result.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

orangello, cpttango30, skullcrusher, your opinions and advice will be taken into consideration the next time I post.

cpttango30, the information in my post was accurate to what I had read at the time.

Quote:
I was mistaken on the Glock he used, the last report I read said it was a 19 not the Glock 23 I mentioned earlier.
I guess you missed that in my other post.

Last edited by Eric0424; 01-18-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #25

Likes Given: 5

McCarthy high cap ban proposel....we knew it was coming

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/uploads/mccarthy-magazine_bill.pdf

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This whole pissing match goes back to one idea....Gun's don't kill people, people kill people.

My left thumb has a nice scare from a die grinder with cut off wheel that was spinning around 25,000 RPM when it kicked and caught my thumb. You could see the bone and a nice little mark in it. I was 14, at home and wait for it...UNSUPERVISED!!! Should be ban die grinders? Cut off wheels? Maybe we should just limit them to 15,000 RPM and make them worthless for a number of tasks. Come on people, kids everywhere might scar their thumbs!! Come on.....

With a little practice a shooter can reload with hardly a pause in the firing. I don't care if he had 10, 17, 30 or even 5 round magazines, if he wanted to kill those people he would have found a way. People kill people. A gun is a tool and nothing more just like a hammer, wrench, fork or spoon. What gives you or anyone else the right to take something away from me just because some wack job misused the same tool that I responsibly own.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2611 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

What are the exact charges the azzhat faces? Has anyone heard anything about "Obtaining a weapon illegally"? I would like to know what he put on the 4473.

Wait, that's "Self Incrimination" and not allowed under the 5th.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 01-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
What are the exact charges the azzhat faces? Has anyone heard anything about "Obtaining a weapon illegally"? I would like to know what he put on the 4473.

Wait, that's "Self Incrimination" and not allowed under the 5th.
I read a list a few days ago but I don't remember any charges related to the weapon or how he got possession of it.

I did find this, but there's no mention of an illegal firearm or falsifying documents to obtain a firearm.

Criminal Complaint Against azzhat

Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #29
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2611 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
I read a list a few days ago but I don't remember any charges related to the weapon or how he got possession of it.

I did find this, but there's no mention of an illegal firearm or falsifying documents to obtain a firearm.

Criminal Complaint Against azzhat
Another example of how making more laws is ineffective if the current laws are not enforced. So why make a law to restrict mag capacity?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
So why make a law to restrict mag capacity?
Speaking of pointless and irrational laws, this was another one proposed right after the Arizona shooting.

www.bobbarr.org