hi -cap mags...here today ? who knows tomarrow - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > hi -cap mags...here today ? who knows tomarrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, and if a citizen had been there armed, and put two in the f-----s head, it would have spoken volumes for an armed society.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkslinger View Post
yeah, and if a citizen had been there armed, and put two in the f-----s head, it would have spoken volumes for an armed society.
>>>qft!<<<

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:05 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
The retard with the Glock wasn't tackled until his first clip was empty and he was trying to load a second 30 rounder, he rattled off 31 rounds. Chances are If he wasn't able to get the 30 round mag he would have been subdued after 10 or 11 rounds in restricted capacity state, or whatever the standard capacity Glock 23 holds in another state. I'm guessing that's where the people pushing for a new capacity ban will start their argument.

Not that I agree with it, but I figure that's where a new capacity ban will start. It's just as l likely he would have purchased second pistol if the 30 round mags were not available and still would have had 30+ rounds to use.

Of course the idiot in question wasn't really supposed to be able get a firearm, but who will actually say "yes I do drugs" or "yes I have mental problems" on the background check. If you read some of what's out there you'll see he should not have passed his background check.
I'm not certian how to respond and waited a bit. IMHO the size of the mag had little to do with the tragic result of the day. Even more the suggestion the back ground check wasn't enough. Sort of makes me question your intent. It is fairly clear your firearm experience is limited.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #14

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The background check is more than adequate. Perhaps the university staff and this guys medical professionals should be charged with criminal negligence and accessories to murder for not following protocol and advising authorities of his maniacal behavior and mental illness.

As for reloads, I can do a slidelock reload in a second or slightly less. The average Joe might take as much as 5 seconds. It might have played a slight role in rounds fired before restraint. BUT, it seems that the citizens only acted when they realized he was having trouble reloading. Had he have gotten the second magazine in without trouble, they may not have attempted to subdue and injury count could have doubled or tripled.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Last edited by willfully armed; 01-17-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
The background check is more than adequate. Perhaps the university staff and this guys medical professionals should be charged with criminal negligence and accessories to murder for not following protocol and advising authorities of his maniacal behavior and mental illness.

BUT, it seems that the citizens only acted when they realized he was having trouble reloading. Had he have gotten the second magazine in without trouble, they may not have attempted to subdue and injury count could have doubled or tripled.
True, the background check can only retrieve the information that's been loaded into the data base. Had his mental state been on record he should have been denied the purchase. Of course it's possible he could have found a way to get gun and mags he wanted illegally if he had been denied.

I also agree on the reload, could have been a lot worse if he was able to get his other mags in cleanly. The last report I read said he had four mags with him, two 32-round and two 15-round I believe. I was mistaken on the Glock he used, the last report I read said it was a 19 not the Glock 23 I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I'm not certian how to respond and waited a bit...
You should have waited a little longer.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5498 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

the only change needed is to require state run schools and agencies like the armed forces to report people who are denied because of drug use or mental issues.

it is a common sense change and no bans are required or needed they dont do anything but restrict law abiding peeps from the tools they need to defend life liberty and property.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I found WDB's response polite and forthcoming. I see no reason he should have waited any longer to formulate it.

Just because you disagree with someone is no reason to be rude, not on a topic so serious, particularly to the average person on this forum. We don't all have to agree on everything.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I believe my input was timely and still stand behind the thought. You don't have to agree with it or like it. I do my best to be polite to everyone on the forum. With that said, the day I wait to express my thoughts for you to express more of yours will never happen. Don't take a polite respose as a sign of weakness.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5498 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

peeps in the media are more interested in banning anything to do with firearms than getting to the real issue. if the media and dems could get away with banning guns and even pictures of guns they would. they are going to continue to ignore the incompetence of the pima county sherrif and his department. they ignore the fact that it was a lone crazy guy. they continue to blame everyone except dupnik's incompetence for letting the shooter go for so long and the shooter himself.

would it make the media feel better if laughner had yelled aliakbar and detonated a fertilizer bomb??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #20

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
The retard with the Glock wasn't tackled until his first clip was empty and he was trying to load a second 30 rounder, he rattled off 31 rounds.
I really resent your use of the term retard. It is an unbecoming term and you shouldn't be using it at all in my eyes.

Second it is not a dam clip is and a magazine.

Third what if he has 17 round MAGS. They could have been easier to load in the pistol so that would have cause him to reload faster thus causing more carnage.

Quote:
Chances are If he wasn't able to get the 30 round mag he would have been subdued after 10 or 11 rounds in restricted capacity state, or whatever the standard capacity Glock 23 holds in another state.
Again how do you know he would have been subdued after only 10 rounds. Loading a 17 round mag is easier than loading that long bulky 33round mag. So if he was able to load faster he could have caused more carnage.

It wasn't a glock 23 either I do believe is was a glock 19 in 9mm. Last time I looked you can get a 33rnd mag for the 40 cal 23.

Quote:
I'm guessing that's where the people pushing for a new capacity ban will start their argument.
This is about the only thing you typed that made an sense to me. Of course they will start out with that.

Quote:
Not that I agree with it, but I figure that's where a new capacity ban will start. It's just as l likely he would have purchased second pistol if the 30 round mags were not available and still would have had 30+ rounds to use.
36 to be exact. 17 in the mag 1 in the chamber 18X2= 36...

Quote:
Of course the idiot in question wasn't really supposed to be able get a firearm, but who will actually say "yes I do drugs" or "yes I have mental problems" on the background check. If you read some of what's out there you'll see he should not have passed his background check.
He had minor offences from what I have read. Your mental state doesn't come into affect unless you were involuntary committed to a mental health facility.

He had broken no laws that YET.

Should he have had a gun HELL NO. There are millions of people in this country alone that are not smart enough to own a dam tooth brush let alone a firearm.

Lastly I will give you a small piece of advice. Attacking a well respected SUPPORTING MEMBER is not a way to stay around for very long. So you might want to watch that.