Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   hi -cap mags...here today ? who knows tomarrow (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/hi-cap-mags-here-today-who-knows-tomarrow-36750/)

powg 01-10-2011 08:45 PM

hi -cap mags...here today ? who knows tomarrow

i wake of what happened in ariz ....and the probability of restriction .... ordered me a 30 rnder for my eaa 9mm .....great thing about the eaa,cz-75-tz 75 clones and the baby eagle fits ..

orangello 01-10-2011 09:28 PM

I find the 30 round magazines neat and almost ordered one last night for my CZ75b, but i decided i would rather have two of the 17 round mecgar mags. A shooting buddy has one of the 33 rounders for his lil Ruger p95, but it rarely gets used other than his opening shots at plinkin time. It could probably be useful in a short-term SHTF situation, but the lil Ruger is pretty unwieldy with that thing hanging 6" out the bottom.

They are cool though. Now if there was a 25 rounder for my XD45, that might be more cool than i could resist. :)

edit* The big mags would be awesome with one of those keltec sub2000 carbines, though, almost a must have.

WDB 01-12-2011 03:10 AM

Just not seeing the issue, and have never found the need for a 30 round mag for my pistols. Seems simple, empty mag press the release and insert a new one. Still like the idea that if I wanted one I could get one. All the same with hype firearm prices went through the roof for a time, I expect mag Hi cap mag prices will do the same with threads like this.

Oh Yea IMHO

sweeper22 01-12-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 419672)
edit* The big mags would be awesome with one of those keltec sub2000 carbines, though, almost a must have.

I've got three of the Glock 9mm 33rds specifically for my S2K. They're nice to have for that purpose.

But I don't have a single one for any of my pistols. Expensive, impractical, and even a little uncomfortable to shoot with...that and in some cases (especially w/ aftermarkets) I've heard some don't always function too well. I like a flush fit mag. Even prefer the 17rd mags in the S2K, as a matter of fact.

Bigcountry02 01-12-2011 04:14 AM

Glock Pistol Sales Surge in Aftermath of Arizona Shootings

If you want a Glock 19! :eek: Flying off the shelves. I have a few 15 round mags, will grab a few more.

This is from bloomberg.com

Glock Pistol Sales Surge in Aftermath of Arizona Shootings - Bloomberg

One-day sales of handguns in Arizona jumped 60 percent to 263 on Jan. 10 compared with 164 the corresponding Monday a year ago, the second-biggest increase of any state in the country, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation data.

Handgun sales rose from FBI data:
65% to 395 in Ohio
16% to 672 in California
38% to 348 in Illinois
33% to 206 in New York
5% Nationally

Total 7,906 guns.

Eric0424 01-12-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 420615)
Just not seeing the issue, and have never found the need for a 30 round mag for my pistols. Seems simple, empty mag press the release and insert a new one. Still like the idea that if I wanted one I could get one. All the same with hype firearm prices went through the roof for a time, I expect mag Hi cap mag prices will do the same with threads like this.

Oh Yea IMHO

The retard with the Glock wasn't tackled until his first clip was empty and he was trying to load a second 30 rounder, he rattled off 31 rounds. Chances are If he wasn't able to get the 30 round mag he would have been subdued after 10 or 11 rounds in restricted capacity state, or whatever the standard capacity Glock 23 holds in another state. I'm guessing that's where the people pushing for a new capacity ban will start their argument.

Not that I agree with it, but I figure that's where a new capacity ban will start. It's just as l likely he would have purchased second pistol if the 30 round mags were not available and still would have had 30+ rounds to use.

Of course the idiot in question wasn't really supposed to be able get a firearm, but who will actually say "yes I do drugs" or "yes I have mental problems" on the background check. If you read some of what's out there you'll see he should not have passed his background check.

willfully armed 01-12-2011 07:47 AM

And had the college reported him because of his threatening and bizzare actions, this may not have happened.

Its too damned sad that people accept these wierdo's and their strange behavior in todays society.

In the 1700's, goth kids would have been beaten, stoned, hanged, leeched, electrocuted........

Eric0424 01-13-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 420781)
And had the college reported him because of his threatening and bizzare actions, this may not have happened.

Its too damned sad that people accept these wierdo's and their strange behavior in todays society.

In the 1700's, goth kids would have been beaten, stoned, hanged, leeched, electrocuted........

Yeah, it was a similar situation with the S. Korean that shot up Virgina Tech a few years ago. Had his mental health been reported he may not have been able to get his weapons. At least he would've had to go through the improper channels to get them.

I'm sure the media and anti-gun activists will keep saying "legal gun owner" anyway.

big shrek 01-15-2011 11:12 AM

You guys are all wasting your time with those miniscule round counts...

Go get a Calico Liberty pistol...50 or 100 rounds of 9mm in an easy-to-handle package :D
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/m...ii-pistols.jpg
(shown with the 50-round mags...the 100's are slightly longer)

If you absolutely have to use wimpy 9mm as home defense, at least you'll be able to fill a hallway with lead :D

JonM 01-16-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 422693)
You guys are all wasting your time with those miniscule round counts...

Go get a Calico Liberty pistol...50 or 100 rounds of 9mm in an easy-to-handle package :D
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/m...ii-pistols.jpg
(shown with the 50-round mags...the 100's are slightly longer)

If you absolutely have to use wimpy 9mm as home defense, at least you'll be able to fill a hallway with lead :D

man, i remember seeing those used in bad late 80's scifi movies as laser guns.