Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hey Hi-Point owners, you might want to watch this...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

That last video was indeed impressive! So now who all will be running out to their local gun store to pick one of these up??

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work you can always hit him with it.

-Boris the Blade, on guns.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
After reading entirely too much Hi-Point pistol bashing on the web my friend Scott E Mayer, Executive producer of PDTV decided to put one through a torture test. He told the owner of Hi-Point that after the gun was put through the "test" it would either go home in a bag of parts or he would personaly write him a check for it. The owner of the company put one in the mail and said "Have at it".

You can watch the action here:
Trying to Break A Hi Point | Guns & Ammo

The results did not realy surprise me...
It's not the owners that need to watch it , they already know that they work just fine. It's the snobs, "think they know it alls' & non owner bashers that should watch it (not that it would make any difference to them )

Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

While I would never do those tests to my own Hi-Point, I do know that mine has over 2k rounds thorugh it and no major problems. I will say that I have not shot it much since the Springer arrived, but that may change soon what with the zombies around and all.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #14

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post
It truly is the " I get no respect " handgun on the market today.
"Yeah, I tell ya!"..."Inexpensive, reliable and no questions asked, life time warranty? You said it!" No respect!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I think given what the pistol has been built as, the pricepoint target audience, it performed very well given the tests.

I still wouldn't trust my life to one, but for what it was designed to do, it did it well given the tests.

Kudos to Hi-Point for embracing the tests.

JD

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #16

So now people can't knock them for their durability but I'm sure they will still knock them for their aesthetics lol.

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work you can always hit him with it.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #17

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
So now people can't knock them for their durability but I'm sure they will still knock them for their aesthetics lol.
Glocks and HKs don't really win any beauty contests either.

The point of the tests was not to go EXTREME like some folks do just kind of simulate some closer to real life issues a "tackle box" gun would encounter and see how it survives (that's why he put a .22 caliber bullet in the bore and not hammered a dowel in like some folks have done. He figured that would be the type of obstruction a gun would get from riding in a hunting truck glove compartement or such.

I don't think any high $$$ gun would have done any better specially after the mud test (and I'm NOT trying it with any onf mine). Scott said that the combo of wet flour and mud started hardening pretty good under the sun and all that gritty scratching as he manually cycled the action did bring a tear or two to my eye. But like someone said, kudos to Hi-Point for not running away from a test they KNEW was going to be out on a national magazine website for the world to see, wether the outcome was positive or not. They didn't even ask what was being done to the gun. That was decided AFTER they commited to send the gun in.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #18

That's true, aesthetics are subjective (I love how my Glock looks by the way ) but durability can be proven, and looks like it has been proven.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #19

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I find the term gun snobs very distasteful. If you want to own sub $200 guns, that's great, but not for me. Just because I own higher priced guns doesn't make me a snob, I earn a good living and buy what pleases me. Find me just one Hi-Point owner that wouldn't trade their gun for a "better" model even up - never happen...