Help Me Pick a 9mm - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Help Me Pick a 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't have an issue with Ruger in the least. I have a 10/22, a Mark III Classic and at present a 6" stainless GP100. I've owned Blackhawks and Vaquero's as well.

If I was allowed to have an LCR, I'd own one of those too. (In CA, only Law Enforcement can own them. Nice, huh?)

The Ruger autos, with the exception of the two pistols mentioned above just don't appeal to me. They've always felt kind of "clunky" to me. That's why I liked the SR9. It seemed a bit more slim and graceful. I just don't care for that trigger type. JMHO

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #42

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm a registered Independent. I used to be a Republican until they ran McCain.

We've spent time in G.P. and it's okay. Nice small town and a gunsmith right downtown.

I've shot at the local range and it's a pretty place in the trees. We won't be right in town. The plan is to live on an acre or five.
That's how to do it if you can. Like Stewie Griffin says "It's good to own land"

I was just busting your hump about GP. It is real pretty out there. Some of the laws are strange from what my sister tells me. Like not being able to pump your own gas? She told me something about if you hit a deer you have to try and save it to a point that you might have to transport it to a ranger or vet (Also a "?" )I have no idea how accurate those are. Knowing her she totally misunderstood.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm thinking about the three S's: shoot, shovel and shut up. Sorry, but Bambi's gonna' die.

It will work for other varmints as well, four legged or two.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #44

Liked 4786 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

I own a Sig 226 .40 and an XD .45 and BOTH are balls on reliable and accurate. The Sig as a true DA/SA does have a better SA trigger pull and therefore makes a better TARGET pistol but if you do intend to eventually CCW this gun then I'd lean toward the XD. It's thinner profile makes a huge difference.

I've tried to CCW my Sig but it's just too thick to wear comfortably and conceal. If your a large man this may not be an issue for you. Due to it's size, my Sig is my TRUSTED bed side gun due to it's absolute refusal to malfunction. It resides in a bed side lock box with a TRL 3 laser light combo mounted to the rail.

Hope that helps.

TACK