Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > help me decide on an intelligent handgun purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Now I recognize your avatar.

You are the dude with a youtube video of you tearing up a gopher target with your PT-111. Good shooting.

hey you watched that? cool.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #22

yeah im kind of erring towards the glock 34 but then this one guy was talking about how if you were ever in a wierd position or something you could have hot gasses and junk smash you in the eye or something because of the ported slide

Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Have you thought about a Sig P226 or a 229? Both are awsome firearms. If you want something smaller you can get the
P239. I am looking at getting a Kahr 9mm or a Kel-Tec for a backup pistol. How about Browning HiPower or a S&W M&P? Just keep you options open.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Stay away from the ported models. Most handgun calibers don't need porting in order to be quick and effective. Plus a ported handgun can tend to malfunction more than a non-ported weapon (i.e. FTE, limp wristing, FTF).

P.S. My youtube I.D. is millerusaf, in case you want to watch my vids (kinda boring but good to pass the time).

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #25

Liked 1021 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by field View Post
yeah im kind of erring towards the glock 34 but then this one guy was talking about how if you were ever in a wierd position or something you could have hot gasses and junk smash you in the eye or something because of the ported slide
You can't anticipate and plan for every possible scenario. Every gun has pro's and con's and there is no perfect gun out there for all situations. You seem to have a pretty good idea of what your looking for so my recommendation would be to compare them next to each other and decide which you prefer. Either one is reliable and will put a hole in what you aim for.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
P.S. My youtube I.D. is millerusaf, in case you want to watch my vids (kinda boring but good to pass the time).
good range video

Old 06-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #27

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If I had $ 650 would buy this :
Sprinfield Armory XDm 9mm $589 (S&H included)
Taurus PT1911 with rail for accs. $557 (S&H included)
Taurus PT1911 in SS $619 (S&H included)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 06-26-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #28

Subbed to you on youtube [carpcuz]. My videos, too, are boring.
But, I subbed.

Did you want to check out revolvers? If so, why not try a 357mag?

S.S.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #29

idk im kind of thinking about the xdm again because of the stuff it comes with and then if i was to practice pulling it out of a holster and firing it would be extremely hard to shoot myself on accident compared to a glock

i mean its one of those things where you dont think you'll ever shoot yourself in the foot until it actually happens and then your like 'well jeez i jus shot myself in the foot'

Old 06-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #30

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

More than that the XD has proven itself like a reliable, reputable, quality firearm.... when the XD evolve to the XDm was like a 100% improvement of the gun that many people thinks is the improvement of the Glock, is the improvement of the improvement....
I'll give my vote to the XDm too.... of course, the Taurus PT1911 is the best bang for the buck of the 1911 platform, should be considered too....

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE