Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Help! Can't find a CZ 85 anywhere!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help! Can't find a CZ 85 anywhere!

I've been looking for one of these handguns for a couple months and cannot find one! I see them on most of the online sites, auction sites, and my local gun stores but noone ever have them in stock! I'm looking for one of these 2 options: CZ 85 Combat Black 16rd for around $550 or CZ 85B for around $500. Thanks!

CZ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Have you LGS check with Southern Ohio Guns.
I thought I saw one in their advertisement.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Have you LGS check with Southern Ohio Guns.
I thought I saw one in their advertisement.
Thanks for the reply! It looks like only dealers can see their catalog, is that right or am I reading it wrong?

Old 12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I just checked for you and SOG is only showing used CZ 82's & 83's.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357
I just checked for you and SOG is only showing used CZ 82's & 83's.
Thanks for checking for me. It's hard to believe one of the most popular handguns in the world would be so hard to find!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Check the cz forum. There is a guy om there named Stuart Wong. He is a dealer and is where I purchased my sp01 tactical.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtelli71
Check the cz forum. There is a guy om there named Stuart Wong. He is a dealer and is where I purchased my sp01 tactical.
Thanks, I tried czcustom but it looks like they are out until "sometime next year." Darn!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I am a CZ fan boy lol. I have spent 6 months recently finding my last CZ. Since the CZ I was interested in is used in a couple military organizations and a bunch of police in the world it was hard to find……I was sent an email from one big time CZ distributor the shed a little light on the CZ situation. I know this doesn’t help but it might give you some “why”………

From the email a month ago
“We must admit, however, to feeling somewhat like we have let you down. As of now, we have less inventory than we have had at any point in our history. That’s a great testament to CZ’s growing popularity, but also puts us in a hard spot as we try to maintain a full complement of their models. We assure you that this is not for lack of trying, and we currently have all out of stock items on back order.
It seems to us that the several recent military contracts won by CZ has put a strain on their civilian production. We feel that while this is at best a temporary nuisance, the long-term benefit will include continued low prices for quality manufacturing and technology advances conveyed to their civilian products.”

Old 12-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700
I am a CZ fan boy lol. I have spent 6 months recently finding my last CZ. Since the CZ I was interested in is used in a couple military organizations and a bunch of police in the world it was hard to find……I was sent an email from one big time CZ distributor the shed a little light on the CZ situation. I know this doesn’t help but it might give you some “why”………

From the email a month ago
“We must admit, however, to feeling somewhat like we have let you down. As of now, we have less inventory than we have had at any point in our history. That’s a great testament to CZ’s growing popularity, but also puts us in a hard spot as we try to maintain a full complement of their models. We assure you that this is not for lack of trying, and we currently have all out of stock items on back order.
It seems to us that the several recent military contracts won by CZ has put a strain on their civilian production. We feel that while this is at best a temporary nuisance, the long-term benefit will include continued low prices for quality manufacturing and technology advances conveyed to their civilian products.”
Wow, thanks for sharing your letter. It does make sense if they have gained new military contracts that their civilian exports would have less priority. It sounds like they need a bigger factory! I have never shot a CZ, but I am becoming a fanboy just from all of the great things I read about them! Never a bad word and thats rare these days! I'm trying to decide if I should pick up used (pre-b from the late 80's-early 90's) one now from one of the auction sites. Tempting, but no guarantee it will even fire when i'm shelling out a few hundred dollars scares me, I won't lie. Haha

Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #10

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

lol, they are THE best kept secret in the firearms industry....and the pre B is one of the greatest. They aren’t in the lime light, they aren’t in video games, the seals don’t use them to take out terrorist leaders , gangbangers don’t rap about them……..so most new or temporary gun owners don’t know or care because no one on the block is impressed by a CZ, and I like it that way. I hope the brand stays what it is and doesn’t go the rout of Sig or HK.... because the newest combat CZ's are straight up better weapons......IMO of course