Have I overlooked any good 9mm DA/SA range/HD guns - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Have I overlooked any good 9mm DA/SA range/HD guns

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rob1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I have a few 9mm hand guns (M&P, P95, and FNX). I must say that I like the trigger pull of the M&P the best but for overall comfort, accuracy, and feel of the the gun I like the FNX the best. It's light weight, has a safety, and I really like the external hammer. Shoots nice.

__________________
Rob1981 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,157
Liked 1602 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastflorida86 View Post
Just got it for $250 OTD
You will enjoy the P95. The stainless model is almost maintenance free. I shoot mine until there are chunks of dirt in it. I just spray it down with CLP. Let it sit for a few minutes then blow it out with compressed air. Wipe any excess oil up with a paper towel. Most of the time I don't even take the slide off it. Most of the dirt ends up in the magazine well and the feed ramp on the barrel. Grease the polymer rails lightly. You want some lubrication but not enough grease to hold sand and grit.

The only gun I own that I enjoy shooting more than my P95 is my Ruger Blackhawk. I have several high quality pistols that get passed over in favor of the P95.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato


Last edited by John_Deer; 10-02-2013 at 05:25 PM.
John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474
Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

I agree, the P95 is a great gun, underrated IMO. IIRC, don't you have to press down on something in the ejection port to field strip it? I think I read somewhere that for a short time a number of high speed units were using it, in Europe I think.

__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 847
Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I agree, the P95 is a great gun, underrated IMO. IIRC, don't you have to press down on something in the ejection port to field strip it? I think I read somewhere that for a short time a number of high speed units were using it, in Europe I think.
Don't know about the P95, but the older P89 has an internal extractor that you have to push down or the slide will not come off. Also needs to stay down when you re-assemble but it often pops up while cleaning and often leads to one or two extra swear words per cleaning.
__________________

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

CrazedJava is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
northeastflorida86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 72
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

You will enjoy the P95. The stainless model is almost maintenance free. I shoot mine until there are chunks of dirt in it. I just spray it down with CLP. Let it sit for a few minutes then blow it out with compressed air. Wipe any excess oil up with a paper towel. Most of the time I don't even take the slide off it. Most of the dirt ends up in the magazine well and the feed ramp on the barrel. Grease the polymer rails lightly. You want some lubrication but not enough grease to hold sand and grit.

The only gun I own that I enjoy shooting more than my P95 is my Ruger Blackhawk. I have several high quality pistols that get passed over in favor of the P95.
Awesome advice... thanks
__________________
northeastflorida86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
northeastflorida86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 72
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post

Don't know about the P95, but the older P89 has an internal extractor that you have to push down or the slide will not come off. Also needs to stay down when you re-assemble but it often pops up while cleaning and often leads to one or two extra swear words per cleaning.
U have to push a thingy down to field strip the p95.... glocks/s&w sigma seem the most simple to me as far as breaking down goes
__________________
northeastflorida86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Good guns under 200$ hq357 General Rifle Discussion 25 08-25-2013 12:28 AM
Good Day at the Range texaswoodworker Range Report 21 08-10-2013 03:08 PM
Bersa guns are too often overlooked cluznar General Handgun Discussion 18 08-01-2013 07:55 PM
range guns? Jess General Handgun Discussion 11 09-18-2009 02:06 AM
Where have all the good guns gone??? hydrashok NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 8 05-22-2009 03:24 PM