Have I overlooked any good 9mm DA/SA range/HD guns - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Have I overlooked any good 9mm DA/SA range/HD guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a few 9mm hand guns (M&P, P95, and FNX). I must say that I like the trigger pull of the M&P the best but for overall comfort, accuracy, and feel of the the gun I like the FNX the best. It's light weight, has a safety, and I really like the external hammer. Shoots nice.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1602 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastflorida86 View Post
Just got it for $250 OTD
You will enjoy the P95. The stainless model is almost maintenance free. I shoot mine until there are chunks of dirt in it. I just spray it down with CLP. Let it sit for a few minutes then blow it out with compressed air. Wipe any excess oil up with a paper towel. Most of the time I don't even take the slide off it. Most of the dirt ends up in the magazine well and the feed ramp on the barrel. Grease the polymer rails lightly. You want some lubrication but not enough grease to hold sand and grit.

The only gun I own that I enjoy shooting more than my P95 is my Ruger Blackhawk. I have several high quality pistols that get passed over in favor of the P95.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 10-02-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #43

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I agree, the P95 is a great gun, underrated IMO. IIRC, don't you have to press down on something in the ejection port to field strip it? I think I read somewhere that for a short time a number of high speed units were using it, in Europe I think.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #44

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I agree, the P95 is a great gun, underrated IMO. IIRC, don't you have to press down on something in the ejection port to field strip it? I think I read somewhere that for a short time a number of high speed units were using it, in Europe I think.
Don't know about the P95, but the older P89 has an internal extractor that you have to push down or the slide will not come off. Also needs to stay down when you re-assemble but it often pops up while cleaning and often leads to one or two extra swear words per cleaning.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #45

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

You will enjoy the P95. The stainless model is almost maintenance free. I shoot mine until there are chunks of dirt in it. I just spray it down with CLP. Let it sit for a few minutes then blow it out with compressed air. Wipe any excess oil up with a paper towel. Most of the time I don't even take the slide off it. Most of the dirt ends up in the magazine well and the feed ramp on the barrel. Grease the polymer rails lightly. You want some lubrication but not enough grease to hold sand and grit.

The only gun I own that I enjoy shooting more than my P95 is my Ruger Blackhawk. I have several high quality pistols that get passed over in favor of the P95.
Awesome advice... thanks

Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #46

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post

Don't know about the P95, but the older P89 has an internal extractor that you have to push down or the slide will not come off. Also needs to stay down when you re-assemble but it often pops up while cleaning and often leads to one or two extra swear words per cleaning.
U have to push a thingy down to field strip the p95.... glocks/s&w sigma seem the most simple to me as far as breaking down goes