Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Have a Beretta mod 70S, .380. Love it and want something very similar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

OH, good to know. I did not think I would make a decision so quick but it seems like a hands down winner for what I want and need. I guess I could go either way on the round. I already have a .380 so I would not need different ammo but the 9mm is a little more abundant. Not like I do all that much shooting anyway but I like cheap ammo for plinking and a 9mm is a great plinking gun. I will have to compare ammo price. I am not as concerned with bullet energy. If one does not do it, there are 9 eager friends waiting in the clip

Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
22mag doesnt work that well in short barrel pistols. 22lr isnt a feed reliable round. 22lr shouldnt be relied on for defense even against feral dogs.
Good to know and now that I think about it, all the compact 22s I ever shot did not cycle worth a piss. What is the round of choice for a super compact piece? 25auto?

Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
Good to know and now that I think about it, all the compact 22s I ever shot did not cycle worth a piss. What is the round of choice for a super compact piece? 25auto?
personally i wouldnt use anything less than 380acp. 25auto is liekly to just piss someone off. one of our mps got shot 3 times in the chest with a 25auto all of which lodged under the skin on top of the chest muscle. all he needed was to have the bullets pulled and a few stitches. the 25 jammed and he and his partner tackled the guy.

at the time vests were optional. after that shooting they became mandatory. to a 25auto normal street clothing can be effective armour if it is thick enough.

if you want a micro lots of peeps like the ruger lcp. i dont like them they are too small for my hands.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #24

again, this is just a last resort piece that I should never need. because I would jog with it, every ounce counts. If it was used, it would literally be at point blank range. I do undertand what you are saying but I just do not want to carry something heavy. there are no reliable .22lr autos? I have spend thousands of rounds in a 10/22 since I was a kid so I have a good idea what a 22 will do. At the very least, if it makes someone run the other way, it did the job. I have many other pieces if I am really worried about business.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

The ruger 10/22 is an odball as it is prolly the only nearly 100% reliable 22lr.

If your going to carry, carry a piece that has a chance of doing the job. That rules out anything short of 380acp. It is not a good idea to shoot to scare. Or intentionally carry a non-effective weapon to wound. It will come out in trial or investigation.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #26
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

So, since i picked up my Bersa 380, my sister has been borrowing it, my brother-in-law has offered to buy it for her and asked where he can get one for carry and how much it costs several times. (The shop had another Thunder 380 in duotone for $250 NIB) Now my nephew's fiancee is wanting one. They are good-looking, contagious little guns. I think it is the weight and size and comfortable grip.

There are some grips and mags and such at this place: Your one-stop shop for all things Bersa and Firestorm I did pick up a 9 round mag (looks nice) and a mag loader.

If you decide on a itty bitty .22 for jogging, consider one of the lil revolvers, fewer feed issues. http://www.naaminis.com/bwmm.html This one can be fitted with an integral holster-type thingy.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 01-29-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #27

Thanks for the info.

I will have to do some thinking on my little ankle biter. I somewhat agree with the above that the .22 is not exactly a show stopper but it might be better than nothing. I just know if I carry too much weight, especially on my ankle, I will hate it and won't take it with me.