Have a Beretta mod 70S, .380. Love it and want something very similar - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Have a Beretta mod 70S, .380. Love it and want something very similar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Would it be worth a little extra to get hte "plus"? Can you feel much difference in them, good or bad? I will admit that I would prefer to have 10-12 on hand but 15 probably is not needed but ya know, I don't have to load that many....

Remembering that I am a lefty, is there one that would be the better choice or all they all built up pretty much the same?

Where is a good place to find a used one on the cheap?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:48 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6485 Times on 3444 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
Would it be worth a little extra to get hte "plus"? Can you feel much difference in them, good or bad? I will admit that I would prefer to have 10-12 on hand but 15 probably is not needed but ya know, I don't have to load that many....

Remembering that I am a lefty, is there one that would be the better choice or all they all built up pretty much the same?

Where is a good place to find a used one on the cheap?
i like the 15+1 a lot fits my hands well. like most small guns they arent lefty friendly. if your not gonna have a full mag just go with the 7 and buy a 9 round mag for it. bad side is the plus is a little harder but not much to conceal. i think the plus is a little easier on an already super easy platform to control.

i wouldnt download a mag if it holds 15 better have em all in there. never know when you need the extra rounds. better to have and not need than need and not have.

i have two spare mags which gives me 46 rounds of corbon power ball. the mags are quite carryable as are the 7 rounders

i would go for new but if you want a used, gunbroker.com. reason being warranty only applies to original owner.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #13

Outstanding! thanks so much for the help. I was poking around and it looks like you can get a 10 round mag for the standard Thunder. I would be just peachy with a 10+1. Do any aftermarkets make a mag for these or do I have to go to the mfgr for a 10 round mag? What are we looking at for those? Probably just hold the 7 as a spare and load the 10. I don't think I really want to carry 15lbs of ammo with me. If I am that worried, I will just take the Glock 22 40cal... really just want something compact for those "pretty safe" days.... I mean, I am in my 30s and survived this long...lol

Old 01-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

there are no aftermarket mags that i know of.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #15

ProMag Magazine Bersa 383A, Series 95, Thunder 380, Firestorm 380 ACP 10-Round Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

How about this?

And what is it with used guns? I can literally buy a new one cheaper than a used one..... I checked some used arms sites and most all of them are dealer guns. I would rather side step the dealer if possible. Only been 15 yrs since i bought a gun...

Last edited by fastline; 01-29-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #16

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I had a big pile of .380 pistols, and sold all but one. The Bersa is still here. It is a lot of gun for the money.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #17

Since you be so helpful and such, I also would like to buy a pocket piece to have when I jog and such. I am more or less just thinking about dogs here. I think would might prefer a.22 mag??? 5-7 shot?? Can you recommend a cheap piece that is reliable, really compact, light, etc? No hammer requirement here. Just kind of a last resort piece that I can also ankle carry if needed.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #18

M14, PM me if you like on that.

I should also expand this search to 9mm. Nearly the same thing and cheaper to shoot..

Last edited by fastline; 01-29-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:06 AM   #19

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
M14, PM me if you like on that.

I should also expand this search to 9mm. Nearly the same thing and cheaper to shoot..
Ah, my bad. My Bersa is not for sale. It is still here because I really liked it. Sold the rest.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I think would might prefer a.22 mag???
22mag doesnt work that well in short barrel pistols. 22lr isnt a feed reliable round. 22lr shouldnt be relied on for defense even against feral dogs.