have any of u shot - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > have any of u shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One of the best 22 I've ever shot was a pistol I have no clue what it was but a friends of mine had a 22 revolver held like 15 rounds in the cylinder and was pretty spot on at 15 yards. Almost bought if off of him but I ended up getting some new steel to make somethings.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 03-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #72

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default jennings .22

In my opinion , the corporate leaders of companies such as jennings ,bryco should be given diesel fuel enemas and shot in the guts with a marine flare gun at point blank range for producing /selling /advertising these so called ''guns'' . I beg anyone ,that has one ,or knows anyone who has one to please dispose of it ....dont sell it off to some other sucker . Unload it .... carefully ...then smash with a large hammer ...Throw it away .

Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #73

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

22 shooting is a great way to practice without breaking the bank. I shoot my P22 every time that I go to the range. What kind of 22 are you having so much trouble with?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 260 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 66

taught my wife to shoot with an old model 70 beretta in 22 lr. the lack of recoil madi it a cinch for her to pick up.

note, a beretta and a jennings are very different.

next time, spend more than twelve dollars on a pistol, and see the difference it makes.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #75
ET1

OK let's recap. The OP called 22lr pistols junk. He got called on the carpet for it. He disavowed any knowledge of calling 22lr pistols junk. He said he was only refering to the Jennings pistol he shot. He continued to get corrected. He was told it's Jennings that is junk. His Grammar was corrected by a grumpy member. There that should do it.

...No wait. I have to say that I bought my wife a Buckmark 22LR pistol and she loves it. Not all 22LR pistols are junk.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #76

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
In my opinion , the corporate leaders of companies such as jennings ,bryco should be given diesel fuel enemas and shot in the guts with a marine flare gun at point blank range for producing /selling /advertising these so called ''guns'' . I beg anyone ,that has one ,or knows anyone who has one to please dispose of it ....dont sell it off to some other sucker . Unload it .... carefully ...then smash with a large hammer ...Throw it away .
Oh come now, every gun has a perfectly good use...you have to have something to put in the BGs hands before calling the police.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #77

Default junk gun

I stand on the principle that one shouldnt own a gun he wouldn't stake his /her /family members life on...If need be ...I do have a junk sterilized Raven .25 thats sole purpose is to be used as a throw down ....if need be.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #78

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
I stand on the principle that one shouldnt own a gun he wouldn't stake his /her /family members life on...If need be ...I do have a junk sterilized Raven .25 thats sole purpose is to be used as a throw down ....if need be.
Ownership is kind of personal, while I feel many of my guns would serve in the

capacity of family defense, they just weren't purchased for this purpose,

nor designed to do so.

For instance, my 22LR Henry lever rifle, IMO MY most fun gun, everybody

loves it, not at the top of my list for defensive purposes. But I feel my

collection would not be the same without it.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #79

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Get a decent .22 pistol. The gsg 1911 would be a good choice as I've had no problem with mine and ammo is not a problem. I have ruger single sixes and a nice colt match target woodsman and they run just fine. Retire the jennings.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #80

Default More info ....

I should have been more clear ....my bad ..Not just in the defensive mode,more along the line of quality ,reliability . Issues such as ...blowing up in ones hand ,or slam fires, or other serious malfunctions that could get a loved one hurt bad. I agree with you on the fun gun .Im a lever nut ...got to get me a'' henry '' in .22 mag .