Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Have Any Info? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/have-any-info-8501/)

forrest225 11-17-2008 03:37 AM

Have Any Info?

Hi guys, I recently inherited a Hi Standard HD Military from my Grandfather. He used it primarily for competition target shooting, and used it well. He got a couple of awards but thats not what this post is about. Anyways, I was wanting to know if you had any tips or ammo suggestions for me. I normally use CCi MiniMags.

Thanks,

Forrest M.

Mark F 11-17-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forrest225 (Post 50961)
Hi guys, I recently inherited a Hi Standard HD Military from my Grandfather. He used it primarily for competition target shooting, and used it well. He got a couple of awards but thats not what this post is about. Anyways, I was wanting to know if you had any tips or ammo suggestions for me. I normally use CCi MiniMags.

Thanks,

Forrest M.

Anything that shoots, will be fine.

BillM 11-17-2008 02:51 PM

Shoot anything that runs OK. You might want to try several brands, most 22's will
have a preference. It's not always the top dollar stuff that shoots best, several
of mine like American Eagle ammo.

HD Military---If you want to remove the slide it's a little tricky.
Pull the slide back, then depress the little button on top and let
the slide forward. At that point there should be no recoil spring
tension pushing the slide forward. Then rotate the little lever on
the side forward and slide the slide off of the frame. If you don't
use the little button to lock the recoil spring back, you will trash the spring.

c3shooter 11-17-2008 03:31 PM

Most accurate is rarely the fastest. You might swing by Dick's Sporting Goods, and ask for some Federal Champion Target STANDARD VELOCITY 22 LR. It's about $19.80 for 500 rds. Dick's seems to have an exclusive on the Standard Velocity Champion- Wally World carries the High Velocity. Many of my guns like this better than high dollar match ammo (Tenex, Green Tag, etc)

forrest225 11-18-2008 12:09 AM

Thanks guys, I was able to find the Manuel in .pdf format :D I will experiment with different types of ammo. Sadly, we dont have a Dick's sporting goods store here. We do have other places to buy ammo though.

Mark F 11-18-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forrest225 (Post 51064)
Thanks guys, I was able to find the Manuel in .pdf format :D I will experiment with different types of ammo. Sadly, we dont have a Dick's sporting goods store here. We do have other places to buy ammo though.

Trust me, Dick's Sporting Goods ain't all that great for gun stuff...

forrest225 11-19-2008 03:25 AM

We have a pretty good place. Its called shooter's supply. I have no idea if its a chain or just a local store.