has anyone shot the pmr-30 by keltec?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > has anyone shot the pmr-30 by keltec?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default has anyone shot the pmr-30 by keltec?

Been thinking about getting it for my wife but they are impossible to find. I'd like to hear your thoughts before I buy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They use it as a sidearm in this vid
http://youtu.be/4QOK0MQCr1o
Hickok45's review
http://youtu.be/ti9bs-7ES2M

http://youtu.be/h8rAAdhJGd0

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They are on back order right now no one can get them right now unless they already have one in the stock they are great guns though very nice pistol

Old 02-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow12tech View Post
They are on back order right now no one can get them right now unless they already have one in the stock they are great guns though very nice pistol
At a gun show last week I saw about a half dozen of them, mostly around $500. So they're out there...or here, at least.

I handled one, and man that thing is light! One showed up at my pistol range this week. Pretty loud, major muzzle blast, minimal recoil, flings brass about 20ft to the shooter's 4 o'clock. Oh yeah, and reliable and accurate from what little I've seen.

It appears to be a solid little gun. Many of the function issues stem from folks trying to load to the full 30rd capacity. I guess that dents the cases and causes a multitude of feed problems. Load 'em to more like 22-25rds (who would need more?), and they run like champs.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I almost picked one of those up, then I found out they were a one ammo gun. Kel-Tec recommends that you use only CCI Maxi Mags in them. Anything else can cause feed problems.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201
I almost picked one of those up, then I found out they were a one ammo gun. Kel-Tec recommends that you use only CCI Maxi Mags in them. Anything else can cause feed problems.
That's about the only 22mag ammo that you can easily find anyway.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

i was really interested in one until i handled one in person. cheap pos is my take on it.

havent shot one but it felt like it was made from the cheapest junk materials keltec could find.

still interested in their ksg. i just hope its higher quality.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think the concept is solid, haven't fingered one yet but I've heard they feel kinda cheap. I think I still want one though. If its reliable it would be a great shtf gun imo

Old 02-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i was really interested in one until i handled one in person. cheap pos is my take on it.
Funky, weird looking, cheap feeling. That's what Kel-Tec specializes in. I handled a PMR30 with an empty magwell, and it felt like it weighed about 4oz. Crazy light.

I have a PF9 that I carry constantly and a 9mm Sub2000 rifle that gets home defense duty. They too are a little odd looking with a cheap feel. Not so great triggers either, of course. But both have performed exceptionally well for me. The PF9 has never faltered with any ammo.

I do have a number of "classier" firearms for sure (pretty much every other gun I own). But Kel-Tecs work well. Their customer service is outstanding, and they offer factory direct parts/accessories on most of their products for very fair prices.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am holding out for the RMR 30... The rifle version of the PMR 30... The 22 mag is AWESOME from a longer barrel... Not so much from a shorter barrel... IMHO

image-1933290435.jpg  

PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial