Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The Handgun For Me: Your Personal Light of The Gods Moment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Great stories here. While my Dad never handed me down any, I will certainly pass on some special ones to my kids...
That sums it up for me too. But the handgun for me is not my XD45 that was the first handgun I bought. I do love that gun. Rather it is the CZ82 that I bought and put a lot of TLC into. Here she is.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #22

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
The Springer was the first 1911 I bought all on my own (It was actually all made here in the US).
Just so folks don't get confused - all Springer 1911s use frames and slides forged by Imbel in Brazil. If more than 50% of the gun is assembled here in the USA - it will not be marked "Made in Brazil". This is not a negative thump on Springer - just a fact. I have 3 Springer 1911s myself and none of them are marked "Made in Brazil" but all of them began life there...

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #23

Mine would be my Ruger super blackhawk .44mag it was passed down to me from my grandfather I haven't fired it in several years now but that is one gun that will never be sold and will continue to be passed down.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Just so folks don't get confused - all Springer 1911s use frames and slides forged by Imbel in Brazil. If more than 50% of the gun is assembled here in the USA - it will not be marked "Made in Brazil". This is not a negative thump on Springer - just a fact. I have 3 Springer 1911s myself and none of them are marked "Made in Brazil" but all of them began life there...
From what I understood the parts were cast/forged there but where machined and fit up here. I had some info to that effect but for the life of me I can't find it now.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #25

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
That sums it up for me too. But the handgun for me is not my XD45 that was the first handgun I bought. I do love that gun. Rather it is the CZ82 that I bought and put a lot of TLC into. Here she is.
Not trying to get off topic here, but I must say those are the best looking grips i've ever seen on a CZ82!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #26

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I wish I had the history that some of you have. I got into handguns about 2 years ago and have purchased several since then. My all time favorite is my Springfield EMP9. It was the only gun I purchased that I got because it looked good, felt good, and my wife said oh, just go ahead and get it. I love to look at it and to shoot it. Hopefully it will have some history for the person I intend to will it to.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Can't see parting with my Ruger Bisley .44. Got the barrel cut to 5", raised the front sight about 1/8", got it Parkerized. Pretty nice Alaskan carry piece. A few years ago at the Palmer gun show, saw a stainless Kimber Compact for $500. I remarked that was a heck of a deal, The Lovely Mrs. Freefall whipped out her checkbook and bought it in less than 30 seconds. Don't suppose I'll part with it or her either.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #28

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have two that my grandfather gave me while he was still alive. An old Marlin .22 pump, no model designation on it anywhere, but it says patented Mar 24 1908, 2 patents. I shot the hell outa that thing as a kid and sadly didn't take very good care of it. The other is a Stevens 12 ga. pump that on its own probably isn't anything special, but it came from my Grandpa, so it stays. Then my Ruger KP944, it was the first gun I ever bought for myself. I've had it for 12-13 years without a single issue, not one. Unknown thousands of rounds down the pipe, it just works every time.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Can't see parting with my Ruger Bisley .44. Got the barrel cut to 5", raised the front sight about 1/8", got it Parkerized. Pretty nice Alaskan carry piece. A few years ago at the Palmer gun show, saw a stainless Kimber Compact for $500. I remarked that was a heck of a deal, The Lovely Mrs. Freefall whipped out her checkbook and bought it in less than 30 seconds. Don't suppose I'll part with it or her either.
If that Kimber is a series I, you've got me green with envy!
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #30
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Cane wins the prize, wish I had that history. My dad came from Korea with nothing but bad thoughts towards certain types of people. Mine is a 1955 ACP revolver, I've owned it since I was able to buy a pistol, bought it well used 20+ years ago. The pistol just fits and shoots well. Hard to explain it just does it for me, always faithful, always on target. When my son hit 21 he got his CC, I told him he could have any pistol I own or I would buy him what ever he wanted. He asked for this pistol, I told him anyone but that one, we can share that one but it isn't a CC pistol. He said I can buy a CC pistol, I want that pistol. In the end he took my CC pistol and I agreed that S&W is now a shared pistol that I will never sell. Latter I bought a S&W 586, same frame and much the same pistol, while it is a nice pistol my son told me to keep it and we would continue to share the 1955. Someone asked me if I was concerned if we would wear it out, We might but how fun would that be! It's freaking hard to wear out a quality pistol if you take care of it. I had to have it worked on a few years ago because it had a little play in the cylinder (back and forth), $38 and it was back to prefection. Finding moon clips for it was a sign from God it was to be shot on a regular basis. Who knows my great grandson just might wear this pistol out!

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 04-25-2010 at 04:37 AM.