You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

H & K USP .40cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
hmm, we agree? Imagine that.

Sigs are OK guns, I dont feel that they are the top shelf option like everyone hypes them to be. Much rather have a Glock than a Sig. But Im a huge HK fanboy.
I cant speak for all Sigs, but I love my P220. Most comfortable and accurate shooting pistol I have ever had the opportunity to fire and for the price I paid for it one of the best deals too.

P220, Tritium night sights, 3 mags and custom engraving For $600 direct from Sig
H & K USP .40cal - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #22

Liked 128 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 13

My brother in law from Topeka HAD a 220. I'm hardcore into IDPA, shooting glocks. I invite him to a match. He is **** talking the whole time about his 220 stainless and how great of a gun it was and it had never malfunctioned.

First stage, fail to extract. Twice.
Second stage, twice again.

Best part of it all, after the first fte, somebody hollers " that's a sig for ya" but I get the glare, he thought it was me.

3 trips back to SIG and it was finally corrected and promptly sold.

I want one in 357. But its not high on the list.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Last edited by willfully armed; 01-01-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #23

Well nothing in life is 100% perfect man. I'm sure there is a story like that for ever make and model weapon out there today.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
My brother in law from Topeka HAD a 220. I'm hardcore into IDPA, shooting Flocks. I invite him to a match. He is **** talking the whole time about his 220 stainless and how great of a gun it was and it had never malfunctioned.

First stage, fail to extract. Twice.
Second stage, twice again.

Best part of it all, after the first fte, somebody hollers " that's a sig for ya" but I get the glare, he thought it was me.

3 trips back to SIG and it was finally corrected and promptly sold.

I want one in 357. But its not high on the list.
I will never understand people who work so hard to force the factory to make good on a warranty & then just sell off the gun after all that work?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #25

Maybe because you spent hundreds more than a glock and expect not to need warranty work. Then the first two trips back result in a big pile of the same issues. At that point you are jaded with the brand and have lost all faith in them and the product.

Add in the fact that you don't know anyone who's sent a glock or an HK back for factory work. Your pretty well pissed now.

So its fixed. It functions. Be rid of the whole situation.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry, I still don't get it.
Then again I haven't gotten rid of a personal owned gun in 25 years, I just like to buy them...

Old 01-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Maybe because you spent hundreds more than a glock and expect not to need warranty work. Then the first two trips back result in a big pile of the same issues. At that point you are jaded with the brand and have lost all faith in them and the product.

Add in the fact that you don't know anyone who's sent a glock or an HK back for factory work. Your pretty well pissed now.

So its fixed. It functions. Be rid of the whole situation.
Hay man I understand where your coming from and its unfortunate that this happened to your brother in law with his Sig. It's your right to condemn all sigs if you so wish, but i'm just saying you might want to be a little more level headed. Military weapons fail all the time. If the Army or MC stopped every time a weapon system failed we would all be speaking Russian right now. Step back and take a breather man. Sometimes s**t just happens. Speaking as someone who owns both a USP and a Sig id say they are both great pistols and they both have pros and cons. When it comes right down to it, its just the same ol Ford Vs. Chevy argument man.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #28

I'm level here.

In all of my IDPA local and abroad, I've seen two guns with the most problems.

1911's and SIG.

I don't condemn them, hell, I just got another 1911. And like I said, I plan on getting a SIG. In 357. I may just love it enough to promote them.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #29

Fair enough

Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

just got mine Xmas eve haven't made it to the range yet
imag0269.jpg