Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > H & K USP .40cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
The USP 40 was one of the pistols I was taught to shoot with, and while I love the gun, I agree about the ergonomics. For many years it was the only full size semi-auto I'd ever shot, and I thought it felt great in my hands. Then I shot a few other guns, and going back to the HK is a bit disappointing in the comfort arena.
That said, the thing is over a decade old with thousands of rounds down the pipe and no maintenance beyond cleaning, and it still shoots like a dream
No arguments from me. The USP is a tank, and they shoot great. But for me there is just something about it that isn't quite "right".

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I just bought a used HK USP compact 9mm with the extended mag kit & an 18 rd mag, since it is already used I have fired it a couple of times & I find it to be rather poor shooting, for close accuracy. I don't know if it is related to the age/ use of it currently or some other reason, but my FN 5.7 made it look pretty junky today.
Nothing wrong with that HK. You just arent used to it. At 20 yards with WCC 124gr NATO, my fullsize cut a hole about 1.5" with 200 rounds. Modified weaver stance, two hand hold. I can do that with the compact and it feels better in my hand.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I know the front/back strap on the USP grip is like a cheese grater. You can get those rubber slip on sleeves that help. I used a bicycle inner tube because I don't care for the finger groove type and its thinner. Worked great for me.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 12-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was actually debating between a USP 40 and 1911.

I think the USP 40 has a polymer frame though, and I already get enough **** from my friends about my Glock, so I'm going with the 1911.

Seems like a great gun, but I don't really care for the odd magazine release switch though. Might need a little bit of training to get that functioning smoothly.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Nothing wrong with that HK. You just arent used to it. At 20 yards with WCC 124gr NATO, my fullsize cut a hole about 1.5" with 200 rounds. Modified weaver stance, two hand hold. I can do that with the compact and it feels better in my hand.
I am not a great shooter, but I was shooting at a steel plate and I could hear the FN hitting it at least 8 out of 10 shots, not so with the HK. Also four other guys shot the HK too & they said it sucked- Sorry if I hurt your feelings

Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 AM   #16

you dont have the ability to hurt my feelings

HK, cant go wrong.

I do shoot well, but dont like Xd's, and know a bunch of guys who'd say XD's are junk....

Sound familiar?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I can only remember a few times I should have taken my friends advice. Like. "Man,don't buy a Yugo", "I don't think you need that much Enron stock", "Are you sure the safety's on". When they start paying for what I shoot,they can have an opinion.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 12-14-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
you dont have the ability to hurt my feelings

HK, cant go wrong.

I do shoot well, but dont like Xd's, and know a bunch of guys who'd say XD's are junk....

Sound familiar?
I have never said that any one bunch of guns suck, cept possibly Sig Sauer and I just don't think you should lose money when you sell a gun private sale

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I am not a great shooter, but I was shooting at a steel plate and I could hear the FN hitting it at least 8 out of 10 shots, not so with the HK. Also four other guys shot the HK too & they said it sucked- Sorry if I hurt your feelings
Maybe the HK is like Chuck Norris... when the steel plate saw the HK, it got scared and just let the bullets pass through the middle without putting up a fight. So maybe you actually hit 10 out of 10 with the HK!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #20

Quote:
I have never said that any one bunch of guns suck, cept possibly Sig Sauer and I just don't think you should lose money when you sell a gun private sale
hmm, we agree? Imagine that.

Sigs are OK guns, I dont feel that they are the top shelf option like everyone hypes them to be. Much rather have a Glock than a Sig. But Im a huge HK fanboy.

Newest Threads