H&K P7 and variants
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

H&K P7 and variants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default H&K P7 and variants

i wanted to start this thread because i didn't see any other ones devoted to discussion on this pistol family.

-any gripes, loves, stories, etc... put them here. i am curious to hear what everyone on here thinks of the P7.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I don't have one... I guess that could be a gripe. One of very few guns I don't have.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #3

i got a german police surplus P7 back in the middle of last summer. love it. shoots wonderfully, especially for a blowback style frame of such a high caliber. guess we have the gas retard delay system to thank for that... there is another local store that has one on sale for $679 and i am thinking of saving up to try and get it in hopes of having it sent off to hardchrome. that would pretty much be my perfect carry pistol (besides a kimber CDP ultra, but that is just a bit expensive).

-my only gripes are:

1:the finish wears off really easy, hence the hardchroming i would want if i were to get one to carry.

2:these babies heat up faster than a gas bbq grill in july! they become untouchable without gloves after about 40 rounds. anyone who is thinking about getting one, remember to take something else to the range with you to shoot while your P7 cools down... seriously.

3: magazines are expensive. like 60 bucks a pop. once you have them though, they last forever so i guess it could be worth it in the long run.

-other than that, these things love to be shot. they are super accurate and instinctive to point. extremely low bore axis adds to that really good pointability. they are also really inherently safe. just be sure to release your grip on the squeeze cocker before you try to reholster it :P. by far the easiest take-down of any gun i have ever owned EVER! really... i could go on and on but i am going to stop now... if you have the means and the opportunity... try one out.