Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Gun Storage Question... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/gun-storage-question-15475/)

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 07:42 PM

Gun Storage Question...
 
1 Attachment(s)
My M&P40 came with this paper around the gun. Should the paper be used when the gun is stored in the case or can it be discarded? :confused:

Noob question I know :p

CA357 07-06-2009 07:48 PM

The paper provides some anti corrosion protection. When a pistol leaves the factory, it may sit in the case for quite some time, thus the paper.

If the pistol is going to just be stored, pick up a silicone impregneted "sock" and keep it in that. They cost around five bucks or so and they're cheap insurance. If the firearm is for home/self defense, just keep it away from moisture, keep it clean and lubricated and it will be fine.

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 08:37 PM

Cool thanks! For now it's my only firearm so it will be stored in the house for personal protection. I will keep it clean and lubricated and I also got a silicone cloth to wipe it down before storage.

CA357 07-06-2009 09:08 PM

It sounds like you're good to go.

armsvault 07-06-2009 11:36 PM

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If so, what did you think?

ZeusEcho 07-07-2009 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by armsvault (Post 125746)
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If so, what did you think?

Sure did...today...check out the Range Report I posted in the RR Forum. :cool:

I love it! :D

Here's a better picture of it...

indy_kid 07-07-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeusecho (Post 125778)
Sure did...today...check out the Range Report I posted in the RR Forum. :cool:

I love it! :D

Here's a better picture of it...

I have one in .40 also. I like it just a bit better than the Glock 23 I used to have. A lot of folks don't like the .40, but it's the caliber for me!

ZeusEcho 07-07-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy_kid (Post 125781)
I have one in .40 also. I like it just a bit better than the Glock 23 I used to have. A lot of folks don't like the .40, but it's the caliber for me!

Nice. I picked .40 as compromise between the 9mm and .45. It's the first firearm I've owned and I already see a Kimber SS 1911 in my future. :D

What is it about the M&P that you liked better than the Glock? My father in law has a G23 so I should get a chance to shoot that soon also.

WDB 07-07-2009 01:54 AM

The paper wrap is for long term storage but has little value on your M&P it is stainless steel and polly so not a lot of corrosion issues to be concerned with.

I expect if you get to shoot a Glock you will quickly understand the differences between that and your M&P. For me it's the grip angle, the ability to change the grip size with the palm swell inserts, the trigger is a huge improvement over the Glock trigger, the action seems smoother and the sights are far better. I have a M&P 45 and a 9mm compact. I carry the 45 most of the time, I carry the 9mm when in shorts and a tee shirt.

ZeusEcho 07-07-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 125808)
The paper wrap is for long term storage but has little value on your M&P it is stainless steel and polly so not a lot of corrosion issues to be concerned with.

I expect if you get to shoot a Glock you will quickly understand the differences between that and your M&P. For me it's the grip angle, the ability to change the grip size with the palm swell inserts, the trigger is a huge improvement over the Glock trigger, the action seems smoother and the sights are far better. I have a M&P 45 and a 9mm compact. I carry the 45 most of the time, I carry the 9mm when in shorts and a tee shirt.

Thanks for the intel WDB! LOL...ADD Posterchild :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.