Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Gun Show visit, Lighter wallet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Default Gun Show visit, Lighter wallet.

Went to the Gun Show today. I was tempted into purchasing a Baby Eagle in .40S&W. Need to go to the range and see what it is all about. What's everyones take on this Pistol? I like the feel of it.

Last edited by Shihan; 10-31-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added Gun Pron

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I shot a friends in 45 acp,I was very impressed with it. It was very accurate and handled very well,only shot a few mags through it.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I haven't handled one very much and the one that I did was 9mm. They seem to be a well made pistol. New guns are good.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #4

Congrats!! on the new purchase

A friend of mine has the Desert Eagle .50 cal.
He says when he fires it...it feels like the gun wants to leave his hand.
When I asked him, why he bought it?
He answered, " So I can say I have one".

Old 11-03-2009, 06:04 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Went to the Gun Show today. I was tempted into purchasing a Baby Eagle in .40S&W. Need to go to the range and see what it is all about. What's everyones take on this Pistol? I like the feel of it.
I had one and thought it was a great pistol. Accurate and never jammed, good ergo's.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5287 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Congrats!! on the new purchase

A friend of mine has the Desert Eagle .50 cal.
He says when he fires it...it feels like the gun wants to leave his hand.
When I asked him, why he bought it?
He answered, " So I can say I have one".
ive got a DE 50 also. took my concealed carry test with it shot a perfect score back in texas. wonderful fun gun to take to ranges. mainly i kept it in my truck as a truck gun. carried a sig p220 most of the time. they are suprisingly accurate, if you can get past the recoil and muzzle blast, i am capable of hitting bowling pin sized targets at up to 100yards with it. not every shot hits but i can get semi consistant hits. the only real problem with them is the recoil springs and extractor springs are kinda cheap and wear out pretty fast. the safety is poorly located and under heavy use even with loctite tend to fall off. at least mine does but i have also run nearly 10k rounds through it over the years between the .44magnum conversion and the .50AE barrel.

even though there are bigger pistol rounds rounds now in functioning weapons it still attracts a lot of attention at the range. nothing draws it like a big bore semi-automatic.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #7

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

One time when I was at the Medford,OR. Sportsman's Warehouse I looked at a Baby Eagle in 40 S&W, it felt very good in my hand. A few months later I was looking at a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W which felt very much like the Baby Eagle but cost a lot less. What sold me is when my wife asked "Do you want it"?, I certainly couldn't turn that down and it's become my favorite, I like it more than my XDm 40 S&W. I'm sure I'd be just as happy with the Bably Eagle, but what I really need is a semi-auto rifle like the last Mini 14 I so sorrowfully traded for a auto transmission a number of years ago.

Last edited by Viking; 11-06-2009 at 12:20 AM.