the green guide rod laser - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > the green guide rod laser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

[quote=Wolfeman1911;662270]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Ive never heard of a green guide rod laser either. The reason you dont see many oeriod is that its a very small niche for lasers and limiting yourself to selling for only one specific gun isnt a good recipe in the addon market.

Ive always considered lasers a tactical disadvantage in that your giving yourself away in the dark. In daylight even the green ones are hard to see.

You also waste precious life and death micro seconds looking for a dot when you should have practiced using the sights or developing point and shoot skills...[ /QUOTE]
a laser is one of the most effective ways to develop point shooting skills. After a few hours, its just second nature and you don't even have to use the laser.if they can see the laser its too late for them.
evidently i dont agree with that assessment. it takes a lot of practice to get good with a handgun and constant practice to maintain those skills.

consider this: the average degradation of fine motor skills when life or death adrenaline hits your system is somewhere north of 75% for a first time experience. less as your confronted with it more often. thats why combat soldiers like audie murphy and carlos hathcock performed as they did under pressure. but for the average person your not going to face that everyday.

the point is if your shooting 3" groups normally, under stress that is going to widen to 5.75" or more. this means that laser is going to be flying all over the place. you can simulate this by holding 5-6 pounds in each hand at shoulder height until your arms are shaking involuntarily then try and find that dot on a cluttered background. better to practice fundamentals and spend the money on ammo

as for the giving away believe it or not civilian laser emitters glow in the dark painting you with a red or green glow in the gun had area. so something goes bump in the night you activate the laser the goblin can see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman1911 View Post
I'm sorry. My quote ended up at the bottom of yours. I'm new to this.
no worries just hit the quote button in the bottom right of the post you want to quote

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
Why spend $300 for some frilly doo dad? For that money you can get a titanium guide rod assembly and have $250 left for ammo. If you want it, go for it but you can do a lot better money wise to go to the local convienence store, buy a keychain laser pointer, scotch tape it to your rail and use it to train with. It's a wonderful training tool but has ZERO real life applications. People who say it's a good deterrent have watched waaay too many movies...
Wow. For somebody with so many posts you sure are belittling. For 250 my viridian c5l will blind you when you come in my house. That seems like a real life application to me. Ooh yeah, I can draw and dry fire FOREVER with it. That's a lot of practice. Try that with ur scotch tape wise guy. Lol

Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #13

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Wow. For somebody with so many posts you sure are belittling. For 250 my viridian c5l will blind you when you come in my house. That seems like a real life application to me. Ooh yeah, I can draw and dry fire FOREVER with it. That's a lot of practice. Try that with ur scotch tape wise guy. Lol
Let's pretend, for just a second, I was talking to you...exactly what in my post was belittling??? If my post was directed at you, I'd have quoted you...

Secondly, if I was in your house, I'd expect to be SHOT!!! If I had the balls to break and enter, do you seriously think a frickin laser is gonna scare me off??? Deterrent my azz...

These new shooters get hung up on add on s**t they don't need that has ZERO real world application. (This is the part where you tell my my opinion is wrong...) You go ahead and blind the BG with your little light show, I'll just shoot..."wise guy"...Take your attitude back to THR...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 12-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

Let's pretend, for just a second, I was talking to you...exactly what in my post was belittling??? If my post was directed at you, I'd have quoted you...

Secondly, if I was in your house, I'd expect to be SHOT!!! If I had the balls to break and enter, do you seriously think a frickin laser is gonna scare me off??? Deterrent my azz...

These new shooters get hung up on add on s**t they don't need that has ZERO real world application. (This is the part where you tell my my opinion is wrong...) You go ahead and blind the BG with your little light show, I'll just shoot..."wise guy"...Take your attitude back to THR...
I sited how it has real life applications. If you take offense to it and act like you are seven again and hurl insults to draw attention off of you ignorance, go ahead.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #15

P.s. I don't care if you are directing your writings at me. "let's pretend"i have the right to put in my two cents.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #16

Quote:
I sited how it has real life applications. If you take offense to it and act like you are seven again and hurl insults to draw attention off of you ignorance, go ahead.
And I cited how it didn't, if I don't share your views, how does that make me ignorant??? Agree to disagree. What offense was taken??? You have every right to add your .02 but if you're going to quote me about how "offensive" my post was to you, don't start bitching when you get a rebuttal. Nary a personal insult did I see in MY posts, maybe you're just too thin skinned to be here.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #17

Let's see. you refer to me as a new shooter and say I get my info from movies. You also say my equipment is useless and think that scotch taping a laser on my gun is a better idea. I know that must have been an original idea from you because even in the movies its laughable. So yeah, I'm thin skinned but think about this: if you belittle all of the new shooters because you think their questions are dumb, who if going to defend our second amendment? We need to be receptive and patient with new shooters so we don't turn them off from the sport. Arrogance has no place here. Say what you wasn't, but other people can see the truth

Old 12-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #18

Just a generalization...IMHO

312611_294302070598835_100000571332907_1132818_926375182_n.jpg  

Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #19

TRUE gun right supporters don't benefit at all when we are violent or we mis behave. True gun supporters are concerned with self defense and would go out of their way to prevent an argument or confrontation. they do not act tough or wear their ego on their sleeve.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #20

I once had four men try to drag me out of my house and run me over. I pulled or my handgun and they did not stop. I backed up as I turned on my laser and all of a sudden, like magic, they stopped. If that isn't a deterrent than I don't know what is. I also think a laser is a life saving tool because had it not been there, I would have had to shoot somebody. P.s. Using a laser (even if it is ONLY in training, not in a gunfight) will help your ability to sense exactly where the gun is pointed without having to look at the sights. I see that as a real advantage. I guess you could say it has real world applications. Plus, in low light scenarios, it may be difficult to identify a target. If you shoot somebody in the dark, you had better have a good lawyer, because it is hard to tell a threat from a confused lost drunk. My light/laser combo also doubles as a weight, keeping muzzle flip at a minimal for fast follow up shots.